DISH ONLINE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diestler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Denver
Any word on the use of Dish Online with the Hopper? Right now, I have Blockbuster at Home and two 722s. The stuff I can watch on Dish Online is limited on the tv - meaning I can see more movies/shows by logging in online, than what I can actually get on my 722. The spec sheet just says 'yes' to Dish Online. Does that mean it will have a separate app for Dish Online that will allow you to see anything through the box that you would see when logging in through a computer? That's my one big problem with Dish Online vs Netflix. Plus the UI on the 722 is pretty awful for searching on demand content, needs to be more intuitive. The Netflix app (available on blu-ray players, tvs, etc) is nice because you can watch anything they offer plus their UI is friendly. Dish Online, you have to log in through a computer to see some stuff, then go through the box for other stuff. My current work around if I want to watch something available only through the computer, is to hook up my Macbook Pro through the thunderbolt port connected to a HDMI adapter - play it back full screen on the MBP which displays on the HDTV. Pain. Why can't there just be an app for Dish Online?

Long story short, will the Hopper offer this?

It's listed as 'yes' in the spec sheet, which is what I referenced in my original post. But does that mean I will be able to watch ALL the stuff that is available online on the tv? Right now, you can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts