Dish Options Buy or Lease

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ghia

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
What are the pros and cons of buying versus leasing. I would be a new customer but am leaning toward purchasing the equipment. The main reason for buying would be avoid having to pay a monthly lease fee and I am not comfortable with having someone install the equipment that I do not know. I would have no problem installing the stuff myself. I currently have a used dish 500 and a winegard .75 meter dish that I could use. I would just need to get a circular lnb for the winegard and probably a dishnetwork switch.
I would think that the winegard would be good for the hd on 129.
The receiver I am interested in is the vip211 and the Bronze hd pack for the subscription. I would hope that I could get the $20 month rebate for 10 months that is being advertised and not have to sign a service agreement?

Buy the equipment and do not sign up for any extended deals that require a "credit check" unless you want your private information (including SSN) floating around on laptops on the Indian subcontinent.

ghia said:
What are the pros and cons of buying versus leasing. I would be a new customer but am leaning toward purchasing the equipment. The main reason for buying would be avoid having to pay a monthly lease fee and I am not comfortable with having someone install the equipment that I do not know. I would have no problem installing the stuff myself. I currently have a used dish 500 and a winegard .75 meter dish that I could use. I would just need to get a circular lnb for the winegard and probably a dishnetwork switch.
I would think that the winegard would be good for the hd on 129.
The receiver I am interested in is the vip211 and the Bronze hd pack for the subscription. I would hope that I could get the $20 month rebate for 10 months that is being advertised and not have to sign a service agreement?

:) here's my look at it. being with dish for 10 years now i have owned every piece of equipment so far. the dhpp has helped greatly. with new receivers coming out every couple of years now. and some with hard drives that are going to quite. its just a matter of when not if. and instead of the additional outlet fee they change the name to a lease fee. your paying the same per month. but the new VIP622 i just leased coast $100 after rebates and i pay that to barrow there receiver for as long as i want. if i bought one it would defiantly drop in value at least that much if not more. so I'm thinking leasing is the way to go. especially new customers that are forced into a contract. the bad is if you cause damage to it then your responsible for it. when i say damage i mean you drop it it gets stolen or your dog magels it. not power surges or hardware failures these are completely covered. good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)