Dish or Direct. (Sorry ;-()

RichManitoba

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Madison, WI
Sorry to do this, but a neighbor who is just moving in saw my DirecTV dish and wanted to know about Direct. I showed him my "stuff" and explained what I have which is a Genie and 4 clients, one of them a C61. He wanted to know about Dish Network and I really couldn't answer anything technical. I told him about this site, but also mentioned to him I would post a question.

How do you like Dish over Direct? I was on the Dish site and saw some some cool stuff including the Hopper3. Heck, I may even look into it.

Thanks!

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Hopper 3 is the industry leading standard right now as far as DVR's go - 13 tuners, Prime Time Anytime, mean no more scheduling conflicts. I have one and it's miles ahead of the Genie. Programming is generally less expensive. Good service, so far, as for my involvement with the company.

HD is on par with Directv (my opinion) and SD is a little better (my opinion).

Reactions: RichManitoba
The Hopper 3 is the industry leading standard right now as far as DVR's go - 13 tuners, Prime Time Anytime, mean no more scheduling conflicts. I have one and it's miles ahead of the Genie. Programming is generally less expensive. Good service, so far, as for my involvement with the company.

HD is on par with Directv (my opinion) and SD is a little better (my opinion).
I'd agree with that adding that in my personal experience I have less rain fade with dish and I think the user interface is alot more user friendly. also the hopper 3 has 16 tuners

How important is NFL Sunday Ticket to your neighbor? You can only get that on Direct.
I do like Dish's user interface, but could probably get used to Direct's.
Look at cost. Dish will probably be slightly lower than Direct for comparable package.

I'm not sure about football, but he noticed my hockey-man-cave and was impressed! The next time I see him, I'll let him know about the Sunday Ticket.

Don't forget about the Joey 4K's Sports Bar mode: multiple PIP's. Does the Sports Bar Mode also work the H3 boxt intself, or is it limtied to the 4K Joey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)