Dish OTA antenna offer

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
Does anyone know what brand/kind of antenna Dish is offering as part of their $50 OTA install offer? Has anyone noticed a difference in OTA reception on the 622 compared to the 942? Calling for my upgrade 4/1 and want to know if I should get the OTA offer too. I currently have a CM Stealth antenna that works just OK, not great.

Yes I'm saying that's the antenna they use.

they even have their own custom batch that has DishHD printed on it ;)

Is the $50 OTA antenna offer available directly from Dish, or only through a retailer? Also is it only for cities without Dish HD local, or anyone?

I just called dish direct and got India. She couldnt understand that I was asking to have the off-air antenna installed for $50. She finally got it, and said "we dont supply off air antennas" "you need to call your retailer". I asked for her supervisor, she refused "my supervisor is not available" I said fine, hung up. Called my retailer that I ordered the system "you need to call Dish direct" I called dish back, talked to another rep. and he said you can go to your local sears or radio shack and purchase an off air antenna. What gives?

I called my local retailer, they do installs for dish, but are unaware of any such promotion as a $50 install. They said they could install an antenna call "blue something with a rotor for $110. However he's going to to call dishnetwork to see what he can find out.

Is there an update on the Dish $50 OTA antenna offer? This deal was supposed to start April 1st. Did anyone confirm or order it?

I conctaced my local retailer, they didn't know about it. They said they would call dish and call me back, I have heard nothing. I just called Dishnetwork, spoke with someone in India, they say there is not such thing. I was transferred to technical department, she was very helpful in searching databases and said there is nothing. Their program instructions advise to purchase any off air antenna at rat schak etc. If anyone gets one, please let us know!

Last edited:
I wish Dish would make a statement on this issue. I know I am not crazy. In the Charlie chat before last the CEO of this company made this offer. I went through exactly what sfollenius trying to get it and not a single person I talked to knew anything about it. I got so MAD after hanging up on multiple clueless CSRs I had cable installed and was ready to dump Dish over this issue. Luckily for Dish the picture was so bad on cable I decided to keep Dish and I ordered a 622 and bought my own Winegard Square Shooter and have already put it up. I got my 622 in today and the install is set for Saturday.

Dish Network If you read these post this issue needs clarification! I wish there was a way to email this entire thread to Charlie. If there is would someone do that.

If you need to buy a Winegard Square Shooter the best price I found was with http://www.solidsignal.com/ 98.99 for the amplified and 79.99 for the unamplified.

I tried ths Square Shooter, all my locals are UHF. I did not work as well as my old R/S U75 that cost $25. My stations are 42 miles away

The dishstore.net is a national retailer that is aware of the $50 deal. They have a sponser banner on top of this webpage. If anyone wants more info, can check with them.