Upgrade HD with already installed Dish1000 BONUS

les017

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Dudes and Dudettes!!!

Called on the special number to upgrade from 921 and 942 to 2x622, and take the HDGold with locals.

Got sent to executive resolution where Martin put me thru the paces. Totally helpful and, more importantly, totally TRAINED.

He had no problem upgrading BOTH my 921 and 942 (both owned, bought at lower prices) for 622's (leased). And yeah i do need to return my old equipment. He walked me thru every penny of monthly cost change which was nice. But then HERE'S THE BONUS I WAS TALKING ABOUT.......since I already have Dish1000 pointed at 110/119/129 and have the DPP44sw with seperator and am willing (actually want) to do my own install I GOT $50 UP FRONT DISCOUNT ON THE UPGRADE!!!

So instead of 2 receivers at $299.99 each with $200 credit each = $599.98 up front - $400 credit = $199.98 total cost I got.....

.....2 receivers at $249.99 each with $200 credit each = $499.98 up front - $400 credit = $99.98 total cost.

I was gonna try to work something like this but I was floored when Martin beat me to the punch. He brought this up before I could even get to it. At the end of our conversation he stated something to the exent of "we here at Dish recognize that customers like you (and then he chuckled and said "consistent high payers") need to be retained and this is part of how we intend to accomplish this"

Anyway, I agree with many who wish that the upgrade was a better deal, in principle. But obviously I also did not think the original upgrade plan was out of line. But the $50 per receiver UP FRONT bonus was a nice spoon of icing on the cake.

Thought you'd all like to know....:hungry:

That is good news. I don't know how you got away with getting the "rebate" and not having to return the receivers. I'd watch my bill carefully as the credit is supposed to be applied on receipt of receivers.

teachsac said:
That is good news. I don't know how you got away with getting the "rebate" and not having to return the receivers. I'd watch my bill carefully as the credit is supposed to be applied on receipt of receivers.
He said 'I do need to return my old receivers".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)