DISH OTA antenna

Yep. I just verified that. I don’t subscribe to Dish locals but have an OTA antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Reactions: TheKrell
Can the OTA signals go through the Hopper into Dish Anywhere and be viewed remotely? This is not showing up for me on DISH Anywhere, yet anyway.

Once the OTA channels are scanned into the Hopper guide, you will be able to access the channels on the DISH anywhere app when the OTA channels EPG info is displayed.

-Karolena P.

If memory serves, there was a "cut off" on populating guide data for sub-channels several years ago. If the sub-channels was on the air prior to the date Dish stopped, you get the guide data, even if they changed networks. The sub-channels that lit up after the"cut off" date have nothing except the network name.
It depends on the individual main channel, I think. For instance, my local NBC has two subchannels, antenna tv and justice network. Antennatv has guide data even though dish doesn't carry it, justice does not. Fox has metv and h&I. Metv has data, h&I does not. None of my CBS subchannels have data, and all but one of my PBS channels have data.

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

If memory serves, there was a "cut off" on populating guide data for sub-channels several years ago. If the sub-channels was on the air prior to the date Dish stopped, you get the guide data, even if they changed networks. The sub-channels that lit up after the"cut off" date have nothing except the network name.

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Not exactly. Here in DC we have channels that have been carried for years that have no guide dta and more recent additions that do not. There is at least one poster here that insists that is not the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Can the OTA signals go through the Hopper into Dish Anywhere and be viewed remotely? This is not showing up for me on DISH Anywhere, yet anyway.

Yes, the OTA channels show up and are accessible in Dish Anywhere on phones and tablets but since the 'update' the other day on the PC version of Dish Anywhere a lot of the sub channels and none of the satellite delivered locals are showing up.

Yes, the OTA channels show up and are accessible in Dish Anywhere on phones and tablets but since the 'update' the other day on the PC version of Dish Anywhere a lot of the sub channels and none of the satellite delivered locals are showing up.
You're correct, JSheridan. We are aware of an issue with OTA channels and/or information not being displayed on the guide through DISHAnywhere.com. We are already in the works of seeing what's causing this issue. Right now, we don't quite have an estimate time of resolution, but hopefully that will be updated soon! - Caleb S

I have now called 3 times. Never gotten anything beyond $5. I live about 40 miles from the broadcast antennas per the websites posted earlier in the thread. Would the Dish OTA antenna be strong enough?

I too lost CBS and the FOX regional nets over a month ago. Hated missing some of the shows and the Braves games. But now with college football about to start, I am seriously considering leaving and saving money. Wife's Hallmark movie addiction is what is keeping us at the moment. Not having the ACC network this weekend may just do it. I've been looking at other services but don't want to be rash. I just don't get the feeling that I'm valued or needed.

I have now called 3 times. Never gotten anything beyond $5. I live about 40 miles from the broadcast antennas per the websites posted earlier in the thread. Would the Dish OTA antenna be strong enough?

I too lost CBS and the FOX regional nets over a month ago. Hated missing some of the shows and the Braves games. But now with college football about to start, I am seriously considering leaving and saving money. Wife's Hallmark movie addiction is what is keeping us at the moment. Not having the ACC network this weekend may just do it. I've been looking at other services but don't want to be rash. I just don't get the feeling that I'm valued or needed.

Good morning, turftoe! We would be delighted to see if the OTA we have available would work for your area so you can get back to enjoying your locals channels for free! To access your account information, be sure to reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. -- Sam F

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is the free OTA antenna install available for everyone? I did a dish chat and the person I talked to said it was not available in my area (San Antonio). I currently have an indoor OTA antenna that I use to pick up locals, but would like to have one installed on my roof. Just curious if I just chatted with the wrong person.

Is the free OTA antenna install available for everyone? I did a dish chat and the person I talked to said it was not available in my area (San Antonio). I currently have an indoor OTA antenna that I use to pick up locals, but would like to have one installed on my roof. Just curious if I just chatted with the wrong person.
I chatted as well, they said No to me, Lincoln, Ne.

I don't think this has been mentioned before, but I believe the availability of the free OTA install is based on DMA. Specifically the more expensive ones to Dish. While Dish charges everyone the same $12 for locals, obviously some of the larger DMAs with more stations probably cost more than the smaller DMAs with fewer stations. Dish may be profiting on the smaller ones and taking a loss or much smaller profit on the larger ones. So it would be in Dish's best interest for more people in those more expensive DMAs to be able to drop locals and giving them a free OTA install would be the incentive.

Couple of weeks ago I called for my daughter in the the San Angelo area to see if a DISH OTA was available. CSR said no but my DISH system in the St Louis area is available. DISH CBS has been discontinued in the St Louis area.

Couple of weeks ago I called for my daughter in the the San Angelo area to see if a DISH OTA was available. CSR said no but my DISH system in the St Louis area is available. DISH CBS has been discontinued in the St Louis area.

Hey charlesrshell, it all depends on how close you are to the broadcasting towers. It is possible that your daughter isn't close enough to a broadcasting tower to receive locals through an OTA.

So how close do you need to be to get the free install?

Our system determines which addresses would be likely to get a good signal with the antennas we offer, so we'd have to check your account if you can chat in with our team at mydish.com/support/contact. - Phoenix