Dish OTA/locals not looking very good...

Andrew B

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 31, 2004
Rescue, CA
I am brand new to Dish HD. We had VOOM and then lived with the OTA local HD channels for the last few years. I just got Dish hooked up this morning (VIP622 with a 1000+) and I noticed that the local HD channels look really soft. I compared the local HD OTA with the local HD via the dish, and they both look about the same...both look really soft.
I am comparing the picture to what I was watching using the same OTA antenna through a media center PC I built.
Any idea what the 622 is doing to the signal?

Andrew

ps - everything else is the same. Same TV (running at 1080i), same antenna, same cables, etc

What resolution do you have the 622 set to output and which connector are you viewing that single from?

I have mine set to 720p since my HD projector is 720p and I use the HDMI connection. My direct OTA, Dish served OTA, and Dish locals all look the same.

The 622 shouldn't be doing anything to the signal if, e.g., it's outputting a 1080i channel to 1080i. The difference you're experiencing may be due to your TV inputs being calibrated differently.

We don't know what's being outputted until he says. HDMI is going to look very different than component or s-video as well. There are a blue million folks out there with HD and watching it over s-video. We need more data to see what the problem is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)