Dish OTA Module

The Mits is irrelevant to the situation "It has a different tuner with different characteristics" Thing is you have a deep fringe antenna and are only 34 miles away from the towers. Then you have an amplifier on it too. So try removing the amplifier and going with a splitter instead. You may be distorting the signal with the amp. Now as far as it only happening recently I answer that with you have warmer weather now and there could be inversion layer (will cause atmospheric bounce) that you don't get in winter when it is much cooler. So just try and see if by switching out the amp helps. Can't hurt to try but it just might help.

I'll give it a try. The atmospheric conditions your referring to will also cause distant signals to interfere with locals. Perhaps this is the reason for the problem.

I'll give it a try. The atmospheric conditions your referring to will also cause distant signals to interfere with locals. Perhaps this is the reason for the problem.
It is possible. Also the reason I asked about VHF is the fact that Hi VHF has conflict problems with FM in harmonics. I read that in a broadcast engineering article when I was working for a TV station that was on 10. When we were on the UHF freq per digital switch over we had strength problems but not interference problems. WE switched over and the local PBS radio station was a major problem for the station. It would've been much better had the station on the UHF freq and boosted to full power. We (other engineer & I) couldn't convince the CE to contact the FCC and see if we could move back to UHF and go full power. I don't what has happened since I no longer work for them or live in that area.

I'm back, and my bad luck continues; installed replacement OTA Module with identical results, i.e. only ABC & NBC are picked up by OTA (w/2 subchannels each), but none of the other OTA local channels (my Sharp TV picks up 47 channels).

I left the antenna in the same location, ran the scan channels on the TV, noted the 47 channels, browsed through to check for signal, and then connected the antenna to the OTA Module and got just the six total, just like with the first OTA Module I got. Very frustrating. Guess I can only watch extra channels on my TV but can't get the DVR functions as I could have with the OTA Module.

Now I have to see if DISH will add insult to injury and charge me for the cost of two OTA Modules when they get the first one back if they claim there's nothing wrong with it (other than that it doesn't work at all for me)!!

Now I have to see if DISH will add insult to injury and charge me for the cost of two OTA Modules when they get the first one back if they claim there's nothing wrong with it (other than that it doesn't work at all for me)!!
:confused: Incredible. Why would you think they'd do that? lol

Just emailed my bro to see how many he gets in SF Bay area. Thing is there is allot of wicked multi-path out there. I have been out there and stayed there at times and due to the mts in several different areas that may be your problem. Did you ck on line at TV Fool TV Foolto see what is available. To tell the truth SF By is too vague for me to even have a clue as to what is going on. But it is starting to sound like you are in the area SW of the city(in the valley) which is a problem to pickup much of anything OTA.

I'm back, and my bad luck continues; installed replacement OTA Module with identical results, i.e. only ABC & NBC are picked up by OTA (w/2 subchannels each), but none of the other OTA local channels (my Sharp TV picks up 47 channels).

I left the antenna in the same location, ran the scan channels on the TV, noted the 47 channels, browsed through to check for signal, and then connected the antenna to the OTA Module and got just the six total, just like with the first OTA Module I got. Very frustrating. Guess I can only watch extra channels on my TV but can't get the DVR functions as I could have with the OTA Module.

My brother ask me to ask you what 47 channels are you talking about? I did a TV Fool search of his location and there were at the most 20 and half of those were on the E side of the mts that block any access to those. He an E bay resident.

Have been talking to a friend of mine that does maintenance on the Transmitters at Sutro Tower in SF Bay area. There have been problems w/ them and they are working to try and fix those problems. It has been causing transmitters to go out or run weak in the area. They are doing their best to fix the problems.

Well, ran into some issues. Whenever I try and record two OTA's at once, it will yellow screen and say OTA is lost. Also, if I try and reset, it hangs on reboot with the acquiring signal screen. If I pull the MT2, it boots fine.

Well, ran into some issues. Whenever I try and record two OTA's at once, it will yellow screen and say OTA is lost. Also, if I try and reset, it hangs on reboot with the acquiring signal screen. If I pull the MT2, it boots fine.

I have not had any issues,but I am also running a 25db preamp, mainly because I am in a high multipath area so I try to keep my antenna lower than I was before.Also my preamp(an older Rat Shak) has 4 outputs because I wanted to be able to run one coax to the MT2 and another coax to my HDTV.

I have a 100 element RS outdoor antenna hooked to my 211k and 722K with an OTA module and had a 722 and 211 previously and received and currently receive a 100% signal strength on all 4 Dish receivers. Your problem must be your antenna or connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)