DISH OTA Signal dropout solution

frankb123

Mar 21, 2007
For those of you that have a problem with a big yellow banner showing signal loss intermittantly for about two seconds (annoying).

The solution is to put a DC block coupling in the antenna cable at the receiver input.

This works
smile.gif

This problem appeared within the last two months on my VIP-211 receiver - my Samsung HDMI receiver does NOT have this problem.
\
Hope this helps.

I used one laying around the RF lab, but try these less than $3.00 units
satellitedish.com/cata0207.htm

Either DCVBS or DCB19

This sounds strange? Is there a voltage coming out of the 211 ota ant connector? I've had my 211 for about 4 weeks now, with no problems like this. It's fed from a distribution amp that has the dc blocks on the outputs. Perhaps I won't see this issue??

I have had my Vip211 for 7 months now and this problem ( intermittent dropouts with the yellow popup and error 739 ) only started about a month ago ( almost exactly the same time that Dish pushed the L345 software version out)

Where do I find a DC block coupler? I never heard of it.

I have had my Vip211 for 7 months now and this problem ( intermittent dropouts with the yellow popup and error 739 ) only started about a month ago ( almost exactly the same time that Dish pushed the L345 software version out)

Where do I find a DC block coupler? I never heard of it.

I used one laying around the RF lab, but try these less than $3.00 units
satellitedish.com/cata0207.htm

Either DCVBS or DCB19

I just noticed this same problem over the past few weeks with my 622 reciever. My signal strength is at 100 with no preamp. It was never a problem until recently. Does anyone know what Dish Network has done that caused this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)