Dish out again

Since you give no details it is hard to respond. But there is no system wide outage. If your "friends" are having problems then it is a local channel thing, not a Dish thing.

In houston all HD locals were out for approx 40 minutes. Sd locals were fine and ota were fine. Trying to call dish resulted in a busy signal. The channels returned shortly after seven. All other 110 channels came in fine.

I had to reinstall my satellite. I completely had to fine tune it. :-D never had a greater signal. :-D turned up the volume to hear it. :-D
however, I did have to buy a compass to get the right directions. The guys that installed my stuff COMPLETELY didn't do the install right. Hell!, they didn't even hook up my second receiver. I called to complain and they said they didn't care and couldn't do anything about it anyway.

I highly recommend checking out the signal levels then making a thread to ask everyone what theirs are and location to give you and everyone else a better sample of what theirs should be. Mine is holding at 71. it used to only get to umm like less than 40 and went out EVERYtime it rained.

My friend called me tonight and said she lost all channels on DISH . SHe was trying to record a pay per view when it happened. I was watching a show that I recorded and didn't see it happen. What is wrong with the 110 sat? THis is twice in recent month that we have lost all our channels.

My friend called me tonight and said she lost all channels on DISH . SHe was trying to record a pay per view when it happened. I was watching a show that I recorded and didn't see it happen. What is wrong with the 110 sat? THis is twice in recent month that we have lost all our channels.

I'm in the Dallas area. I've lost channels three times in the past week from the 110 sat. There is definitely something going wrong.

Add San Antonio to the list as well. I was trying to record Hell's Kitchen last night when I noticed it was out. OTA was fine, but all locals, both SD and HD were out for at least 60 minutes.

I wonder if they are having a satellite failure of some kind that is causing the 110 sat to lose the spotbeams and the conus beams last time it happened less than a month ago? Lord knows that DISH has a long history of satellite failures and problems like the Echostar 5/129 sat and other older sats still being used , despite failures.

It might be something more than just related to Dish, since that time lastnight I've noticed pixeling, stagger, and audio drop out on my charter cable so maybe its sunspots or solar flares affecting all satellites. Some of the companies down here have also been having issues with their satellite com systems linking from store to main office such as Ingles, Walmart, and a few others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)