Dish packages

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
Hello folks. Question for you. Dish america silver is 49.99/mo and has 75+ channels. Americas top120+ is also 49.99/mo but has 120+ channels. Why are they the same price but a huge difference in the number of channels? Thanks!

Dish Silver is a HD only package (well there are some religious/shopping channels that are SD)

Top120+ has SD channels and HD is available for $10 extra (or the auto pay/paperless "free HD" thingy)

Some channels in silver are not in AT120+ and obviously vise versa. Also AT120+ channel count is including 30+ audio only chanels

I have Dish America Silver and love it. I can confirm you get RSNs (unless in NY or Philadelphia). My RSNs are Fox Sports South and SportsSouth - every Braves game this year has been in HD to the best of my recollection but I've mainly kept it on MLB Network.

The difference is even more noticable for Dish America Gold subscribers. AT200 is the same price and has quite a few extra channels.

Other than losing a few channels (Tennis, HMC, NBC/Uni Sports, Destination America) you gain quite a bit going to AT200. And that doesn't count the Dish Music/Sirius XM stations.

Kind of makes DAG look overpriced.

Don't forget to check out Latino Dos, which is like 120+, but has somethings that 120+ doesn't, and vica versa.

Don't forget to check out Latino Dos, which is like 120+, but has somethings that 120+ doesn't, and vica versa.

Or Latino Max, is 57.99 but it has lot of channels. Actually with Latino 2 (cause I can't afford Max :p ) I only miss the ESPNs a little bit, because I have the one in Spanish; History, because the one in Spanish sucks, and NFL Network but other than that it is really good, has almost all channels in DA minus Palladia and Velocity.

Dish Latino Dos has RSNs. It also has MLB Network, Fox Soccer Channel, and some other sports channels from Espn, Fox, and Univision in Spanish.

Too bad Dish Latino Max is $13 more than Dish Latino Dos. A la carte like $5 Encore or $10 Blockbuster @ Home (just to name two as there are more add-ons) can be added as well as the $9 Multi-sports package .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts