Dish Pass and Program guide problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

geekbass

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Received my 522 yesterday and have been happy for the most part. I am seeing two problems.

The Dish Pass search returns channels that I don't subscribe to. I confirmed that when I see the 'all sub' program guide, those channels don't show up but dish pass still gets those events and tries to record those.

Second problem is that the local channels in the program guide have lots of "No info Available" slots. Typically one hour after current time everything is like that. This is not an issue with other (greater than 100) channels.

Any help appreciated.

Your guide info problem sounds like the guide data did not download properly. Unplug the 522 for 15 seconds that will do a hard reset and cause the guide data to be downloaded again which should solve the problem. As for the Dish Pass search finding channels that you do not subscribe to you might try locking the channels you do not subscribe to then choose to hide locked channels I have not tried that but it might work.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I unplugged for a minute and started again. No luck. Still the local channels (2-11..probably more between 2-100) only have one hour worth of program info. As the next program starts same holds true. So it only knows about one hour further.

On the Dish pass search, I locked those channels (230-236), selected to hide locked channels but the pass still gets events in those channels.

I finally got it to work after talking to customer support. I did a force epg download by going to point dish->check switch->test. It looks good now.

I stil have the other problem. Dish Pass search comes up with channels that I don't susbsribe to. The customer service rep didn't have much to say on that.

geekbass said:
Second problem is that the local channels in the program guide have lots of "No info Available" slots. Typically one hour after current time everything is like that.

I had that too, when my DVR was installed.
The installer told me that it takes more time to download the listing information.
Also, you should turn off the DVR overnight, because software updates and program guides are then downloaded.
Turning off doesn't disable timed recordings.

Is it even possible to keep the Dish Pass from bringing up unsubscribed channels in the search list? My 522 does the same thing and it would be nice if I could change this.

kbohip said:
Is it even possible to keep the Dish Pass from bringing up unsubscribed channels in the search list? My 522 does the same thing and it would be nice if I could change this.

I don't think there is anyway to change this currently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)