Dish Pass Help

Uncle Flappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
I am trying to setup Dish Pass to record all the University of Arizona men's home and away basketball games. I have come close but get other games such as Arizona State and women's games.

What criteria do you folks recommend for the search? Here is the info for the game this afternoon:

College Basketball
12:00pm-2:00pm
415 FOXAZ, Sat 12/31

Thanks for your help!

- Flappy

Edit: Anybody see the Arizona win? If you did, you would understand why I want to record all of the games. 96-95 2OT. Go 'Cats!

Last edited:
Look at the info of the show and see if it gives you any data in there then do a Dish Pass based upon info data.

Stargazer said:
Look at the info of the show and see if it gives you any data in there then do a Dish Pass based upon info data.
Unfortunately, the info, "Sports. Scheduled: Arizona at Washington (Subject to programmer's schedule change)" doesn't help much. The games are on different channels on different days of the week at different times. If I search for "Arizona," I get dozens of shows, none of which are the basketball game.

The closest I have been able to get is by 2 Dish Pass timers:
Exact Match Info: "at Arizona."
Exact Match Info: Arizona at"​

Unfortunately, I still get some programs other than just the men's basketball games.

Can Dish Pass do a "Not" or "False"? For example, "Arizona"+NOT+"Illustrated"

- Flappy

I wonder if putting "sports" and "Arizona" will give you any good results. You may get other games besides basketball though.

Unless the programer provides better EPG data there really isn't any thing you can do. (It's not DISH's fault.)

Stargazer said:
I wonder if putting "sports" and "Arizona" will give you any good results. You may get other games besides basketball though.

Thanks for the suggestion but no luck. It seems the description, "Sports", is invisible because I once again get every episode of the magazine show. "Arizona Illustrated" on PBS.

It seems what I have now is best. Thanks for your help!

- Flappy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)