Dish Pass

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I hate to sound like an idiot (intentionally, anyway). But, what exactly does Dish Pass do differently vs the traditional way of recording a series from the guide?

I've never used it, and wonder what the advantages are.

DISH Pass timers search all channels for the keyword in the title, or information.

So, if you were to set one up for Tom Hanks, anything that "Tom Hanks" (in the title, or show info) is listed in will record

You can specify a show that is not (yet) on the schedule.
For example, if you want every Mad Men when it returns to normal schedule, you can.
Otherwise it has to be in the schedule before you can set it (by example.)
It goes into your timer list, ready to go.
-Ken

You can set it for all channels on the satellite or one channel. So you hear a new show is coming for ABC but it isn't going to debut for a couple of months. You can set a DISH pass for the show and set it for your ABC station and just for new episodes. Then when the show comes on you got it. By that time you will probably forgot it was even coming on , but thanks to DISH pass , you won't miss it.

Yes, I use it mostly for keyword searches. For instance, I have a "Charlie Brown" Dish Pass set up for when any Peanuts specials may be aired. I learned that some don't even mention Charlie Brown, but adding another Dish Pass for "Snoopy" did the trick. If a program mentions both, it only shows up once in the Scheduled Recordings. This is why no Dish Pass on the 922 would be a deal breaker for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)