Dish Pause and Equipment Insurance

Capurnicus

Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
So i just paused my dish because I don't need it for a few months. I forgot to ask them if pausing my dish would mean i still have to pay for my 7.99 equipment insurance.. Does anyone know?

So i just paused my dish because I don't need it for a few months. I forgot to ask them if pausing my dish would mean i still have to pay for my 7.99 equipment insurance.. Does anyone know?
You should pay just the pause fee but if you have had the Protection Plan for more than 4 months you should just cancel it. After 4 Mo. there is no penalty to cancel and you can add it any time you need it.

Nevermind, i called them back and they said
You should pay just the pause fee but if you have had the Protection Plan for more than 4 months you should just cancel it. After 4 Mo. there is no penalty to cancel and you can add it any time you need it.

That is good news then. I think the only reason i never canceled my protection plan, is that i read it had to be active for a few months before it worked for problems. Is that true? I mean, surely you can't just add it the day your dish falls off your house, and them give you the service discount right?

That is good news then. I think the only reason i never canceled my protection plan, is that i read it had to be active for a few months before it worked for problems. Is that true? I mean, surely you can't just add it the day your dish falls off your house, and them give you the service discount right?

You can add it that day and take advantage of it then cancel right away but they charge a cancellation fee. The total cost to do that is still cheaper overall than keeping it I believe.

The protection plan can be added at any time. We are prompted to ask if a customer wants to add it when scheduling an appointment if the account does not already have it.

The protection plan can be added at any time. We are prompted to ask if a customer wants to add it when scheduling an appointment if the account does not already have it.

Wow! Well I feel silly now for keeping it this whole time. Thanks for the information! Scherrman and boba as well, thanks very much!

So is this the last straw to tell me I'm stupid to be paying the protection fee? I guess I'll finally get off my butt and cancel. And deactivate that hardly used Joey while I'm at it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I always wonder why people get the plan anyway. The people who don't pay for it still manage to get free service calls by complaining and threatening to cancel service anyway.

BTW, my account just came off a pause and I called to get it back on. While doing it, they were telling me there would be some $25 fee for 4 months of insurance. I have no idea why or what that means, but they gave me a credit toward it and removed the insurance so that next time my account comes off pause, I won't be hit with the fee.

I thought that recently changed (or is about to change) to $30 cancellation if not kept for 180 days.

Had to make sure I was allowed to comment on this change prior to it happening, but you are correct. The cancellation fee will be $30 if removed within 180 days of adding it. This change happens on June 13th. Also, the price is increasing from $7 to $8 a month but the cost of a technician visit is decreasing from $15 to $10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts