Dish Pause and HD Free for Life

bellevuecoug

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Earth
So, I'm thinking of putting the subscription on hold after March and restarting things in September when football starts back up and I'm wondering about the advantages/disadvantages of doing this.

As I understand it, we would still have access to our DVRed content and can have the OTAs in the guide (but no guide data). We could still record off those OTAs. No bill as long as we are on pause (up to 9 months) except for the $ 5 fee. I chatted up a rep today and was told apps WOULD still work (such as Netflix, Pandora, etc.) as long as Internet is connected.

Can we still sling from our HWS DVR or from OTAs to our tablet or phone?

Also, one of the caveats is that we lose any 'special promotional benefits' etc. associated with our account if it goes on pause - I can see that for stuff like credits due to a dispute complaint, or free premiums, etc. . . . but what about the HD Free for Life? Anyone know if this is also off the table when you reactivate?

Thanks for the response.

One other question for the masses - in the past, when we downgraded programming, some of the DVR content that had been recorded off channels we no longer subscribed to (e.g. Nick Jr.) would come up as unplayable (error) as we "no longer subscribed" - I was told here that it was a bug - anyone know if such a bug pops up on Dish Pause or was it all accessible while the account was paused?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)