Dish Payment Enforcement

kazuma05

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
oklahoma
Have you called dish network because your service was interupted for being past due? Where you told the only way to get it restored is to make a payment for the full balance only? Did the agent refuse to transfer to a supervisor and then hang up? This is what dish calls Payment Enforcement (aka Just Say No). On most accounts that suspened for non payment after dish says the bill is 45 days past due, this is the company policy that dish uses (doesn't apply to bundle or pay in advance accounts). If your account is turned off and marked as delinquent, dish will only turn it back for the full amount due only. Any payment amount will be accepted, but only the full balance will get it restored. If you request to cancel your service, or talk to a manager during the non pay statis, you will be denied that request. If an agent is unable to collect a payment after 3 attempts then he/she will read the following script then release the call.

"Sir/Ma'am, I have explained our company policy regarding this situation. It would certainly be advantageous to the company to be able to turn your service back on and keep you as an active customer, but as our business rules have been explained, this can not be done without making the account current. Since you are not prepared to make your payment today, we have no other options to proceed today. Keep in mind the account will be permanetly disconnected for the next 15 days. Should you be able to make that payment, just as a reminder that we are open 24/7 to assist you. We appreciate your attention to this matter and thank you for calling."

I have been employeed at dish network for almost 3 years and this is not a new policy. It has been in affect for a while. They are not even willing to make payment arangements (that is not an option at dish). It doesn't matter if you have been with the company 10 weeks or 10 years the company instructs us agents to pretty much be robotics on these types of calls until we get a payment for the total balance due.

Good thing I pay my bills.

Even at that doesn't the receiver remind you half a million times before it's shut off?

If it gets shut off, it's your own fault.

Boo fricking HOO,

As others have said pay your bill. You do realize that you could have used the service and not paid for some of the time that the service was on.

Secondly, you might still be under a commitment, if you are Dish invested a lot of money getting you as a subscriber so they have every right to collect on their investment. It takes about 2 years after signing a subscriber to get any sort of payback, hence the 24 month commitment.

John

Boo fricking HOO,

As others have said pay your bill. You do realize that you could have used the service and not paid for some of the time that the service was on.

Secondly, you might still be under a commitment, if you are Dish invested a lot of money getting you as a subscriber so they have every right to collect on their investment. It takes about 2 years after signing a subscriber to get any sort of payback, hence the 24 month commitment.

John
You might want read the OP again. Regardless, it's still a big can of who cares?

Have you called dish network because your service was interupted for being past due? Where you told the only way to get it restored is to make a payment for the full balance only? Did the agent refuse to transfer to a supervisor and then hang up? This is what dish calls Payment Enforcement (aka Just Say No). On most accounts that suspened for non payment after dish says the bill is 45 days past due, this is the company policy that dish uses (doesn't apply to bundle or pay in advance accounts). If your account is turned off and marked as delinquent, dish will only turn it back for the full amount due only. Any payment amount will be accepted, but only the full balance will get it restored. If you request to cancel your service, or talk to a manager during the non pay statis, you will be denied that request. If an agent is unable to collect a payment after 3 attempts then he/she will read the following script then release the call.

"Sir/Ma'am, I have explained our company policy regarding this situation. It would certainly be advantageous to the company to be able to turn your service back on and keep you as an active customer, but as our business rules have been explained, this can not be done without making the account current. Since you are not prepared to make your payment today, we have no other options to proceed today. Keep in mind the account will be permanetly disconnected for the next 15 days. Should you be able to make that payment, just as a reminder that we are open 24/7 to assist you. We appreciate your attention to this matter and thank you for calling."

I have been employeed at dish network for almost 3 years and this is not a new policy. It has been in affect for a while. They are not even willing to make payment arangements (that is not an option at dish). It doesn't matter if you have been with the company 10 weeks or 10 years the company instructs us agents to pretty much be robotics on these types of calls until we get a payment for the total balance due.

interesting, not true, but interesting.

pabeader, i can confirm. i am a payment enforcement agent. we are allowed to release the call, aka hang up, if the customer does not make payment after the 3rd time asking. so if the customer is a dick, we will ask 3 times in a row really quickly, then spiel off the script like the micromachines guy even if we have to talk over the irate dead beat on the other end and hang up on their ass and laugh to ourselves afterwards.

pabeader, i can confirm. i am a payment enforcement agent. we are allowed to release the call, aka hang up, if the customer does not make payment after the 3rd time asking. so if the customer is a dick, we will ask 3 times in a row really quickly, then spiel off the script like the micromachines guy even if we have to talk over the irate dead beat on the other end and hang up on their ass and laugh to ourselves afterwards.

This is not the kind of post we need to see from a Dish employee on a public forum...

I have met this kind of attitude with CSR's when calling in on technical problems and I end up hanging up on them...

E no longer calls all subs or even sends the nag screen for late payment sometimes they just POOF turn it off...

I fee bad for reps of any company who have customers on the phone with legit gripes and their hands are tied.......

its no wonder they get a bad attitude

It's one thing if CSR's are jerks when you are trying to solve a technical issue. It's another thing if they're jerks because you won't pay your bill.

In the case of the latter, I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't pay their TV bill. It's not like losing TV is a life-or-death situation. It's simple. If you can't pay your bill, cancel your service BEFORE it's past due.

That being said, I think this topic is pretty pointless.

True corporate crap at it's finest. Yes you should pay your bills, but this is an example of how companies treat people these days. Spew your crap but don't give the customer a chance to explain anything, just spew louder than him/her. :rant:
Maybe someday YOU will be in a tough financial situation (as in "irate deadbeat") and you get treated that way too... Maybe after Dish pulls a few more channels, continuing the subscriber decline, you'll be unemployed and we will "laugh to OURSELVES afterwards" :D

If you cannot pay your bill and get cut off, oh well, it is just TV and if you cannot afford to pay your TV bill, you probably have more pressing bills to attend to anyways. If you want your TV service restored you do not even have to talk to Dish, you can go to one of Dish's payment network places (like a check cashing place, or other bill pay place), pay cash to your Dish account and you will get service back.

But, again, if you cannot afford the TV service, it is likely you have other more important bills. You can probably borrow movies DVD and such from friends and relatives to tide your entertainment over for a while if you have to, Redbox is $1, etc.

Why

So if you work for them & know the rules why the L weren't you paying them? Seems like you were just asking to get cut off.

So if you work for them & know the rules why the L weren't you paying them? Seems like you were just asking to get cut off.

He's not whining because of the policy. He's whining because if you don't pay and you're one of Chuck's employees, he takes away your "almost" free programming...

Now he has to pay like everyone else. And he won't have to worry about that employment thing here soon either.

why would i bother to let them explain whey they didnt or cannot pay their bill? we really do not care why. we are trained for this type of call to not let the customer try to make the call personal and to collect money or release the line. if they do not want to make the payment, then there is no reason to continue the call. have you ever taken an item off a store shelf that you cannot afford, and take it to the register, explain why you cannot afford it, and expect them to give a rats ass and let you have it for free?

these customers are past due. they are past due by over nearly 2 months. they have already consumed 2 months period of service and want to continue on for a 3rd without paying their full current balance.

if they had issues that they cannot afford the bill, then they should have called when the first bill was due. they could have reduced their services to a more affordable package then, but they chose not too. majority of my payment enforcement calls are customers with monthly bills in excess of 80.00 a month.

now there are customers who are in fact simply mistaking about their payment being made. majority are those on autopay and their old card expired. 99 percent of the time they simply give us their new card number, pay off balance, and resign up up for autopay. no need to hang up on them or read a script over them.

now there is never ever an excuse for an agent on a tech call to release the line on a customer.

if you dont care about your credit, best thing to do to get away without paying your bill is to add programming and remove it from time to time. sounds wierd, but let me tell you why it works.

when you add programming, you get a prorated charge on your account for the current cycle. but when you remove it, you get a prorated credit. so if you add, then remove it next day, you get a prorated credit. the trick is to make sure you have enough in credits issued to your account to exceed the amount that was previously due the month before. then your balance from last month will list on your next bill as current balance as dish'es computers do not recognize the difference between a prorated credit and a payment when it comes to past due amounts.

now the trick is to make at least one payment by debit card or so every 2 months as if an account goes past 70 days with no credit card, checkpayment, or pay incash payment dish will turn it off automatically unless customer is on annual programming.

i have seen accounts actually aquire over 3 grand via this method. everyone says it will eventually get you shut off when you get caught, but it really wont. most csr's do not want to spend an hour going over the account with supervisors and crap and really dont care if the custy has found a way to stick it to charlie.

back when i did care, i did show this flaw to management at tulsa, who really didnt want to do anything about it anyways.

the easiest way to run into this is be setup on dish network autopay with a card that expires. You forget you had that card setup with dish. You get the new card but don't go in and edit it with your account. then when autopay comes due it is denied, and you just failed to pay dish network.

I had that happen exactly. I got my next bill and it was for two months, plus a $5 late charge. I simply fixed the expired card fault and it paid out next time just fine. Nobody bothered me at all....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)