Dish Payment Enforcement

the point is no one at dish cares why you didnt pay your bill. they only care that you pay it. everyone and their mother calls up with some sob story. we are not shrinks at dishnetwork. we do not want to hear your problems. go see a psych or even your local bartender.

pretty much every custy i talk to on payment enforcement line who has been turned off because they forgot to update their credit card info always simply pays the bill and updates their credit card info. no needs to read disco script or hang up. its only the deadbeats who want to weasel out of paying what they owe that we end up hanging up. its not a negotiation. its pay charlies way or the dial tone.

Reactions: Larry Allen
, then spiel off the script like the micromachines guy even if we have to talk over the irate dead beat on the other end and hang up on their ass and laugh to ourselves afterwards.
I got 2 words
A$$- H*&e

There are alot of people out of work with legit reasons they can no longer pay their bill.

IF E* would hire people with a brain and compassion , but no instead act like a bunch of babys.

If I found out my employees acted like you , They would be fired on the spot, and they all the rest of us would laugh about you losing your job.

That would be funny!

Valid "excuse?" Well, my son is in the hospital, doped up & wired up. We were contacted to pay his rent. But we don't have enough info to pay credit card, auto loan or other bills. When he is functioning again, I hope there won't be much trouble- but he's coming up on two months. No sat bill, though.
I agree, there are many valid excuses.

But E* has no excuse.

Well if someone is hospitalized, I don't think they're going to be too worried about the satellite tv being cut off.

Well if they have the time to chat with a Payment Enforcement Agent then they probably had time to call DISH Network beforehand and explain their situation. I'm pretty sure that DISH doesn't just send everyone to Payment Enforcement until it's a last resort.

They could pause their account, or do something if they're worried about credit.

I got 2 words
A$$- H*&e

There are alot of people out of work with legit reasons they can no longer pay their bill.

IF E* would hire people with a brain and compassion , but no instead act like a bunch of babys.

If I found out my employees acted like you , They would be fired on the spot, and they all the rest of us would laugh about you losing your job.

That would be funny!
Yes. Many valid reasons.
Notwithstanding "tulsa's" comments....The point I gathered here is Dish has to scrutinize which customers have legitimate reasons for not being current on one's bill.
Those who are slow and non pay are the subject matter here.
Look, every expert that deals with debt will state to all that if a person is having financial difficulty they need to get out in front of the problems by contacting creditors with the goal of negotiating payment concessions or plans.
It is well known that many people mistakenly try to "hide" from their debts. This is a bad thing. Creditors left to evaluate slow or non pays are forced to implement policy.
No one is being mean or or deliberately trying to terminate services.. The bottom line is the debtor must fulfill his end of the contract.

Last edited:
I got 2 words
A$$- H*&e

That would be funny!

if you heard the customers when they call in, you would understand why. they call in, right off the bat start cussing and demanding i turn their f'ing tv back on with no payment. they have had time to fix this issue. they have gotten notices in the mail, email, phone calls, and even pop ups on their tv. but they do not call until they get the channels turned off. they are dead beats.

i dont care if they lost their job. they could have handled this better and called to either lower their programming or cancel their services to stop incurring charges they cant afford.

if the custy had called in prior to going into payment enforcement status, then we could have made a minimum payment to buy another 30 days before disco as well as lower their bill. hell, when they use their please and thank yous i tend to discount where i can, even if our discounting ability has been cut down to only 45 bucks per call. many times i can find ways to save them money. most common way is to see if they have plat hd, point out what the channels are and it costs them 10 bucks a month. most of the time they didnt even know they had those channels and dont care. theres another 120 a year off their bill.

I got 2 words
A$$- H*&e

That would be funny!

I'm sure the love of your life (DTV) are just letting all past due bills slide no problem, "no worries, just pay when you can..." :rolleyes:

if you heard the customers when they call in, you would understand why. they call in, right off the bat start cussing and demanding i turn their f'ing tv back on with no payment. they have had time to fix this issue. they have gotten notices in the mail, email, phone calls, and even pop ups on their tv. but they do not call until they get the channels turned off. they are dead beats.

i dont care if they lost their job. they could have handled this better and called to either lower their programming or cancel their services to stop incurring charges they cant afford.

if the custy had called in prior to going into payment enforcement status, then we could have made a minimum payment to buy another 30 days before disco as well as lower their bill. hell, when they use their please and thank yous i tend to discount where i can, even if our discounting ability has been cut down to only 45 bucks per call. many times i can find ways to save them money. most common way is to see if they have plat hd, point out what the channels are and it costs them 10 bucks a month. most of the time they didnt even know they had those channels and dont care. theres another 120 a year off their bill.
There are quite a few people in this country who look upon creditors as the bad guy. They feel their wares of others are an entitlement.

my favorite is when they claim they live in tornado or some other weather area and they need satellite to watch tv for their safety. i simply advise them to purchase an AM band radio. thats what i use here in oklahoma for tornado warnings. because when the weather hits that bad, that satellite is useless anyways.

i like how im the bad guy because i hang up on the deadbeat who didnt pay his bill and does not have any intention on paying it when he/she calls me. i always find it funny how so many of the people who cant pay their bill bill until the 3rd of the month or the sames ones who do not know the that "asking" and "axing" or too different things. i am so sick of hearing "let me ax you this... can i have my tv turned on now and simply pay the previous past due on the 3rd?".

i like how im the bad guy because i hang up on the deadbeat who didnt pay his bill and does not have any intention on paying it when he/she calls me. i always find it funny how so many of the people who cant pay their bill bill until the 3rd of the month or the sames ones who do not know the that "asking" and "axing" or too different things. i am so sick of hearing "let me ax you this... can i have my tv turned on now and simply pay the previous past due on the 3rd?".

you need a new job, without customers and their irritating behavior you wouldnt be working for E today.....

time to spiff up your resume.

behavior like his is one reason call centers are leaving the US, in other countries they tend to be nice, even though you may not be able to understand them, and they may not be able to help....

you need a new job, without customers and their irritating behavior you wouldnt be working for E today.....

behavior like his is one reason call centers are leaving the US, in other countries they tend to be nice, even though you may not be able to understand them, and they may not be able to help....
:up

I'm sure the love of your life (DTV) are just letting all past due bills slide no problem, "no worries, just pay when you can..." :rolleyes:
And you'll stand up for the love of your life (Dish Network) no matter how dumb and pethic it sounds.
I'm sure a number of people in Satellite guys and DBS talk can agree with this.

I would love you to get someone to back up your statement on my love of D*

Oh Bob shut it....The guy is sharing his experiences with the group and all you can do is chirp.
Look, this is an issue of personal responsibility. The customer enters and agreement and his end is to pay his bill on time. If he cannot, he either reduces his programming, contacts Dish to make arrangements BEFORE he is delinquent or he cancels the service.
Dish Network satellite tv is NOT an entitlement.
Tell us , what do you think Dish should do with habitual slow and non- pays?
BTW answers such as "People are hurting".... "The economy sucks". "People need a break" are unacceptable as they are not valid reasons...also, "Dish is a billion dollar company, they can do without that guy's $95 for a few months" is also a load of fertilizer..
So Bob, what would you do as king of Dish for a day? Limiting your answer to slow pays and non-pays..

Oh Bob shut it....The guy is sharing his experiences with the group and all you can do is chirp.
Look, this is an issue of personal responsibility. The customer enters and agreement and his end is to pay his bill on time. If he cannot, he either reduces his programming, contacts Dish to make arrangements BEFORE he is delinquent or he cancels the service.
Dish Network satellite tv is NOT an entitlement.
Tell us , what do you think Dish should do with habitual slow and non- pays?
BTW answers such as "People are hurting".... "The economy sucks". "People need a break" are unacceptable as they are not valid reasons...also, "Dish is a billion dollar company, they can do without that guy's $95 for a few months" is also a load of fertilizer..
So Bob, what would you do as king of Dish for a day? Limiting your answer to slow pays and non-pays..

Since E is pay in ADVANCE, they really arent 2 months behind, E had the money for one month already.

the issue isnt behind on the bill, its the posters attitude about customers. customers do all sorts of grossly wierd and stupid stuff yet without them the poster would have no job.

E wouldnt need as many reps to answer the phone if everyone paid on time!

thats my point and this posters attitude sucks, he needs a new job

Last edited:
Since this thread has seem to turn into the "How & Whys of not paying a bill" I thought I would add my .02 (it's all I can afford till the 3rd).
First let me just say EVERY ONE is different and I'm only stating my experiences in the paying of bills. I've had heath problems all my life (born with a hole in the heart, 6 open heart surgeries, one spine surgery, and one lung surgery). Since I turned 19 I have always worked when my health allowed me to. Money would come & go depending on my health.
In 1993 I had my 5th heart surgery. I was married and we had 2 boys.
Had to declare BR after that. When I got back on my feet and started working we had no cable and no phone...couldn't afford them, so we did without them for about 6 months. Had a thing called Free TV back then...about 7 stations. Seem to keep the boys entertained when they couldn't go out to play.
It 2002 had to have another heart surgery and a lung surgery. and I was now disabled for life. Wife started working 2 jobs.

Today, still disable, receiving SSD ($1200/month), wife still working 2 jobs (Wal-Mart in the day, 40hrs/wk, Arby's in the evenings). Boys are on there own now.
We rent a small house, and I'm on payment plans with a lot of my doctors and medical facilities. We payed off our 2002 car (had bought it one week before becoming sick) and I have Dish! It's not easy and a lot of weeks we still live paycheck by paycheck, but we do do it.

One other point I like to make. In trying to make payment arrangements with some of the medical providers, calling and speaking to the "business manager" was very frustrating. Unlike Dish or phone service, which one does not need to live, my medical expenses were due to my poor health. Plus most of these services or items had already been done/used. These "business managers" were the worst ones to try to talk to. They were very unwilling to make any payment arrangements. Now keep in mind I would be calling them as soon as I received the first billing, not waiting till my "Final Request". These "managers" were the ones I would get upset with, usually telling them that they had two choices, either make payment arrangements with me, or I'll file BR and they could settle for what Medicare had already paid them. This is when they finally
would decide to make an arrangement with me. "Come on, what did they want me to do? The cost of my pacemaker was $25,000.00 just for the unit, not including labor to put it
in...would they want to repossess it?:D

Anyway, I guess I just don't always understand people's priorities...sorry for the rant.

Ghpr13:)

The reason people want to pay on the 3rd of the month is that is when the get their Social Security check. But this comes back to maybe Dish could make some kind of arrangement with these subs to be able to pay on the 3rd. Or the sub should just cancel if the payment is too much for their fixed income.
This situation reminds me of about 5 years ago when the local cable company raised their rates a woman was interviewed by the local paper and she said "With this increase I don't know what to do, buy food or watch TV." This woman is a mental giant, of course my answer would be to watch TV but I'm no mental giant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts