Dish plans to drop millions of Boost Customers

Then again, they could just add $10/month to people's bills with no warning like AT&T just did.

If boost was a huge profit center they would not be selling it at a discount to dish...charlie likes to maximize profits so some plans with slender margins will get cut

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
You really haven't got a clue how business works. The factor that you are overlooking, or ignoring, is a little something called "cash flow". It does not matter how small the margin is, it's still a plus margin generating cash flow and cash flow is what pays the bills, those little things like salaries & wages. So please explain how a person buying a phone, that in and of itself generates a profit, and then pays for minutes up front, is an unwelcome customer?

As for your first statement "If boost was a huge profit center they would not be selling it at a discount to dish", I guess you completely missed the fact that it was a condition of approving the merger, something the "sellers" had little option but to agree to if they wanted gov approval.

Retired mgr, Dun & Bradstreet Corp.

Really?... charlie can lose customers and increase cash flow.. he's proven it...when you ditch the low grade ..high cost customers you can improve profit
You really haven't got a clue how business works. The factor that you are overlooking, or ignoring, is a little something called "cash flow". It does not matter how small the margin is, it's still a plus margin generating cash flow and cash flow is what pays the bills, those little things like salaries & wages. So please explain how a person buying a phone, that in and of itself generates a profit, and then pays for minutes up front, is an unwelcome customer?

As for your first statement "If boost was a huge profit center they would not be selling it at a discount to dish", I guess you completely missed the fact that it was a condition of approving the merger, something the "sellers" had little option but to agree to if they wanted gov approval.

Retired mgr, Dun & Bradstreet Corp.

Reactions: bspei
Where's the proof?

It makes no sense to drop customers. If they are profitable for Sprint they are profitable for Dish. Worse case, Dish can raise the rates $5 or $10 a month, not drop the customers. The article is bogus, the Boost founder is trying to line his own pocket.

Sprint sold it at a discount
Where's the proof?

It makes no sense to drop customers. If they are profitable for Sprint they are profitable for Dish. Worse case, Dish can raise the rates $5 or $10 a month, not drop the customers. The article is bogus, the Boost founder is trying to line his own pocket.

That would be dumb. Hello welcome to the new Boost Mobile. As a way of saying Hello we're going to raise your Bill's $5 to $10 out the gate.

Yep they will keep all current subscribers and get more.
Where's the proof?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
With only 1 million subs, Virgin seems to be a minor brand in the larger scheme of things, but I agree with the article that the timing is odd given the status of the remaining merger related lawsuits.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Was also sold to dish....hmm if they shutter it
With only 1 million subs, Virgin seems to be a minor brand in the larger scheme of things, but I agree with the article that the timing is odd given the status of the remaining merger related lawsuits.

Was also sold to dish....hmm if they shutter it

If they follow the same pattern they did with Sprint Forward, those 1 million subs will just be moved over to Boost. And Dish hasn't bought any of it yet, and can't until the merger closes. That's when the value of the buyout will be finalized...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts