Dish Platinum

Thank you. The link was perfect. FYI: I emailed Dish today with the same quesiton and was told all the channels are in HD even when it doesn't look like it on the HD only packages. The answer was important to me and I appreciate the timely response.

Since Dish recently added The Sundance Channel to the platinum package.It would be great if eventually they were to add FLIX CH 333 to the package as well.....:)

The channels that matter on Platinum are all in HD. That a couple channels aren't in HD is not a good reason not to get Platinum. If you aren't into the movies, that is a good reason not to get Platinum, but all 22 channels not being in HD is more a "technicality" than something that I'd consider to be deleterious to the add-on package.

It is well worth it to me. I would pay the $10/ month just for the access to epixhd.com, they have alot of new movies, Killers, Expendables, Star Trek, and stuff. Love it. Plus having C&I HD, and LOGO HD, is iceing on the cake to me. I think it is funny that LOGO is called LOGO HD, when LOGO has no HD programming.

It is well worth it to me. I would pay the $10/ month just for the access to epixhd.com, they have alot of new movies, Killers, Expendables, Star Trek, and stuff. Love it. Plus having C&I HD, and LOGO HD, is iceing on the cake to me. I think it is funny that LOGO is called LOGO HD, when LOGO has no HD programming.
I've read that they have had a few but most of the programming isn't' anything I care about so haven't really watched it.

I always start from channel 388 and go down to 300, 7 at a time in HD only.
I have 1100 HD, 560 up-converts from TCM, and now down to 260 SD recordings.
That includes 127 SD from TCM and all TCM will have to be redone when it goes true HD, someday.
More than 200 PBS recordings are huge in MPEG-2 OTA--a near full 2TB--6000+ MB/hr.
I find:
388 PIXL has new "TV movies" better than LMN without ads but they are usually weak.
386 SMC (Sony Movie, not Sportsman's) has quality but even the toned down logo is annoying.
385 MGM with minimal mini ads/promos has some repeats from Encore/Retro/Indie or v.v.
383 HDNet Movies is the best quality and size is fine now that it is now not MPEG-2.
381/382 EPIX2/EPIX1 have quality in new and old films. EPIX3 is not HD, too bad.
379/378 RETRO/INDIE are good when it is HD and not a 4x3 up-convert although I have some of them.
375 SHRTS I have not watched the shorts and should.
374 FTV fashion, enough said.
373 LOGO no HD, has some hard to find films but with many ads.
371 CTRC no HD.
369 PLDIA with its ads and music has only attracted a few (5) recordings.
368 CI was interesting for Twin Peaks. Gone?
366 UNI ads just doesn't cut it except Northern Exposure but they showed 3 of 6 seasons.
364 HDTHR is quality but has no movies.
362 HDNET has variety but there are ads in the movies.
361 MAV sports, no movies?

Dish Channel Chart fix up SMC and HDNet Movies.
Always have to consider TBS TNT Spike BBCA and try to replace SD of IFC and Sundance.
Boo for IFC having ads.
I'm still hanging on to some Voom recordings that were never available elsewhere.
I'm trying to get all below 2400 MB/hr in HD.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)