Dish Please Change Logos

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
In the LA DMA, MeTV has moved from channel 20 to channel 54 and Heroes & Icons is now at channel 20. The change of content/signals is complete: all MeTV is now at channel 54 and all Heroes & Icons at channel 20. However, channel 20 still has the MeTV icon and channel 54 still has the Azteca TV logo.

This change has occured over the last few WEEKS, so enough time has past that the logos should have been changed. So, PLEASE Dish change the logos to reflect the service on those channels. Dear old Mom get really confused because she still sees the MeTV logo at channel 20 and the Azteca logo at 54 and gets lost trying to find H&I and MeTV

Thanks.

Or, you know, do away with them, since you (and everyone else) can't seem to keep up, and it makes the UI a bit jarring with the jumble of different typefaces and colors which don't really go together.

and it makes the UI a bit jarring with the jumble of different typefaces and colors
On a tangent, but this is my biggest beef with the trend of using a tiled picturebook interface over a list view in any UI, which is disgustingly more and more common online, in operating systems, and DVRs. You can't quickly/easily make out what you are reading/looking at when the typefaces/colors/positioning are all over the place. It gives me a headache.

For example:

upload_2018-1-24_10-4-8.png

Reactions: ncted and TheKrell
On a tangent, but this is my biggest beef with the trend of using a tiled picturebook interface over a list view in any UI, which is disgustingly more and more common online, in operating systems, and DVRs. You can't quickly/easily make out what you are reading/looking at when the typefaces/colors/positioning are all over the place. It gives me a headache.

For example:

View attachment 130941
Come on Dare you are showing your age here . That is the way the hopper does everything . In picture tiles. Even my parents like the picture tiles on their new Wally and they are in the mid to late 70s .:smug

Come on Dare you are showing your age here . That is the way the hopper does everything . In picture tiles. Even my parents like the picture tiles on their new Wally and they are in the mid to late 70s .:smug

As someone who has to discern context from text on a daily basis for my job, I find the use of logos and other pictures to represent things in modern UIs painful to use. Additionally, I think it is really a huge step backwards. We spent thousands of years developing modern languages and alphabets only to replace everything with pictures. We're all getting used to interfaces which treat us like toddlers who would rather look at the pictures than read the book. I do not think it is good for people's brains. IMHO, of course.

Also the siriusxm music christmas channels logos needs to switched back also to just to let you know.

As someone who has to discern context from text on a daily basis for my job, I find the use of logos and other pictures to represent things in modern UIs painful to use. Additionally, I think it is really a huge step backwards. We spent thousands of years developing modern languages and alphabets only to replace everything with pictures. We're all getting used to interfaces which treat us like toddlers who would rather look at the pictures than read the book. I do not think it is good for people's brains. IMHO, of course.
We have teenagers(and adults) being hospitalized for eating tide pods across the country. Sometimes, we need to be treated as toddlers.

We have teenagers(and adults) being hospitalized for eating tide pods across the country. Sometimes, we need to be treated as toddlers.

Again, in my opinion, I think that just makes the problem worse. Use it or lose it seems to apply here.

Reactions: dare2be

Again, in my opinion, I think that just makes the problem worse. Use it or lose it seems to apply here.

Some days I wonder if the movie "Idiocracy" is more prophetic than we want to admit.

Self-inflicted injuries, because Facebook and Twitter told them to do that.

I agree, but this is why we need tiles. Our youth are morons.

No, we need to force our youth to read. They will be less moronic then.

...or at least be better-educated morons. (which would then make them oxymorons)
I call B.S. Every older generation thinks the younger generation is full of idiots and they'll never amount to anything. I'm 45 and was told I would never amount to anything because I listened to rock music when I was a teenager. Most kids are idiots and WE all did stupid sh*t at that age.

I call B.S. Every older generation thinks the younger generation is full of idiots and they'll never amount to anything. I'm 45 and was told I would never amount to anything because I listened to rock music when I was a teenager. Most kids are idiots and WE all did stupid sh*t at that age.
Precisely my point. Even smart people can do dumb things.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)