Dish please straighten out remote access

redman042

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Folsom, California (95630)
There are many things I really like about the Dish Remote apps for iPhones and iPads, but I still have a number of annoying issues. It got worse when I swapped my 722 with Sling Adapter for a Hopper and Joey with the same adapter. I figure much of this will be addressed in software updates but it would be great to know that Dish is aware of the issues and working on it.

On both the 722 previously, and now the Hopper, I sometimes cannot delete recordings. I'll get an error that the file could not be deleted.

On the Hopper I can't view any of my existing timers. I get "no results" even though there are 8 timers currently on the device. I also cannot reliably set new recordings. They don't always take.

Would appreciate an update on when these issues will be addressed.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the apps and the new Hopper + Joey.

UPDATE: I just had a tech chat with Dish and the rep told me that they are aware of this issue - it is a software bug with the Hopper that IT is working on. See below:

Cindy (ID: S96): There are some issues with creating timers that they are aware of and state will be resolved with a future software upgrade.
Cindy (ID: S96): In the mean time, it should allow you to create a remote timer as that goes from website to satellite if there is a connectivity issue.
Cindy (ID: S96): You may not be able to see it, but it will be there if you allow about 30 minutes.
Bill: Ok. I am glad to hear they are aware of it and working on it. I'll try again in a few weeks. Remember I also cannot view timers, or scheduled recordings. All those pages come up blank on both iPad and website.
Cindy (ID: S96): Correct.

So I'll hang tight for a future update. Looks like they are taking care of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)