Dish pointing at new location

jlahmeyer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Richmond, Indiana
Okay, right now my dish is aimed at 61.5, 72.7 and 77. How hard is it hard to change it to 110, 119 and 129? For some reason the installer told me I wouldn't be getting any HD channels but I looked at the channels and it shows HD channels. Do I need to change my LNB or anything?

You are aimed at the EA (Eastern Arc). You should be receiving HD if you have a VIP receiver. What market are you in? Maybe the installer was referring to locals? You would need an 1000.2 LNB to switch to the WA (Western Arc).

Read your post a couple of times but not sure what you are not getting. You are probably looking at more satellites than you even need. (most do not need 77) You should be getting all the HD channels your package has. Like Voyager6 asked, do you mean you are not getting locals in HD? If so it would surprise me if you need the Western Arc for locals or the installer would have put you on it. Unless you can't see all the satellites there. Are your locals available in HD on Dish?

I think we need more info to give you a good answer.

I looks like the 1000.2 dish but not sure about the LNB part. I'm new at this sorry. I'm in Richmond, IN which he said was Indianapolis, IN market.

I get no locals except from another antenna I have hooked up to my VIP 612. I'm not sure why I also have 77. All I know is that the installer said because of neighbors tree I would either get HD with no locals or no HD and locals. I chose the HD and no locals because I could get locals through antenna. But I saw HD channels on 110, 119 and 129.

With those 3 sats you must have a k.4. You should be getting all your hd. With the possible exception of locals in certain areas.

If the guide has hd channels you're good. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you want the Indy locals, you need to see 129. If you had 110/119/129 why were you switched to EA?

I get no locals except from another antenna I have hooked up to my VIP 612. I'm not sure why I also have 77. All I know is that the installer said because of neighbors tree I would either get HD with no locals or no HD and locals. I chose the HD and no locals because I could get locals through antenna. But I saw HD channels on 110, 119 and 129.

HD channels are also on 72.

According to "The List" (see main SatGuys page), Indy locals in HD are on the 129 sat and SD Locals are on the 110 sat. Much of the National HD content on the Western Arc (110, 119, 129) is on 129. It is likely that your installer put you on the Eastern Arc (61.5, 72.7, 77.0) because of the line of sight problem you have with your neighbors tree. It is possible that the tree is blocking more than one of the satellites and in particlular the satellite at 129. Since you can receive your locals OTA he did the safe thing and set you up on the Eastern Arc where most of the National HD channels are relayed from the 72.7 sat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)