dish pointing for nimiq1

renfrey

Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
I am having a bit of a problem finding nimiq1. I am setting up a dish at my cottage so I can bring my xpressvu up when I go. I am using a DTV dish & LNB and all I can get is nimiq2. I have checked the angles on kusat.com and it looks like I am pointing in the right direction (unless my compass is off). I have tried moving it all over the place and all it picks up is nimiq2, and very strong at 100% with ease.

Can the DTV LNB's pick up nimiq1? What about the dish itself? any thoughts?

Thanks.

it should pick up either one

depending on your location, the elevation might have to move. In Minnesota, our elevation for both is the same, so its real easy :)

About 45min from Toronto, so basically Toronto. Is nimiq2 a lot stronger? Expressvu told me that it wouldn't work. That doesn't surprise me i guess, they just want to sell their own stuff.

For Canada...yes Nimiq2 might be stronger
I'm in the US so I don't know.....for me Nimiq2 is weaker

For Toronto
38.6 elevation
Azimuth about 206-208
no skew

The DirecTV dish and LNB will work. i used one ona 24" dish for a year :)

hmmm.....I beleive that I am under 200 right now, I will have to try again this weekend. Maybe a bit more patience might help too, especially in the cold. I'll give it another shot moving over a few degrees to around 206 and see what happens. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for the help! (I really didn't want to go out and buy another bell dish).

If all you want is 91, no need for a 2nd Bell Dish :)

If you have both satellites at your house (91 & 82), run a check switch with the satellite cable unplugged. This will clear all the info from the switch. That mgiht help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)