Dish Pointing guidence, please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Technojunky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Jensen Beach, FL
I suppose that with all the help PBS and others have given on this subject, I should have gotten this job done on Sunday.
In any case, I have gotten another bubble type post level and verified that my pole is 100% plumb.

Now for the problem. I set my motor on the pole, placed my dish on the motor and make sure the dish elevation is set at zero degree's before it is centered on the motor arm.

I point all of this to as close to 184 degrees , my true south, as possible. Then I tell the motor to go to AMC5 and once it stops, I zero in on AMC5. So now I know that my angle is correct, and that i am pointing at AMC5.

Common sense tells me that I should be able to turn to 110w and see that pretty easy. Nope, I can't. I can get a few satellites, but not all of them. The further from the satellite I centered on, the further off it is.

So, what can I be doing wrong?

Can I go about this in a different way to be sure that everything is as it should be?

Zip 34957 Thanks.. JM

I am checking plumb with the dish and motor in place. This is a 8' X 2 3/8" pipe filled with concrete, in a two foot hole footed on a cement block, then filled with over 200 lbs of concrete. The good news is that it is still plumb, if it wasn't, there wouldn't be too much I could do about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)