Switch advice needed, please - 103/99 multi-room setup

oldsmobile

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 14, 2013
Central PA
I have been away from the hobby for a couple of years. Bought a new house in 2020 and it took some time to do some site surveying and to get wife approval. When we were looking for a house, I was really hoping for a place with a good view of the southern sky and ability for C-band. Alas, it was not meant to be--I'm gong to have to be satisfied with Ku.

I just set up, from my stock, a GeosatPro 90cm with a 4-degree kit for 103 & 99, which are really the primary birds that I would want. At my previous house, I had a few dishes and ran everything into an 8x1 switch, as I just watched TV in one room. Now, I am looking to have FTA in three rooms, and perhaps a future FTA card in a PC in my server closet.

The GSP bullet LNBs have dual outputs. Would this Zinwell switch do what I want? Either 103 or 99 on any of up to four receivers. Or is there a better option?

Zinwell 4x4

I have been away from the hobby for a couple of years. Bought a new house in 2020 and it took some time to do some site surveying and to get wife approval. When we were looking for a house, I was really hoping for a place with a good view of the southern sky and ability for C-band. Alas, it was not meant to be--I'm gong to have to be satisfied with Ku.

I just set up, from my stock, a GeosatPro 90cm with a 4-degree kit for 103 & 99, which are really the primary birds that I would want. At my previous house, I had a few dishes and ran everything into an 8x1 switch, as I just watched TV in one room. Now, I am looking to have FTA in three rooms, and perhaps a future FTA card in a PC in my server closet.

The GSP bullet LNBs have dual outputs. Would this Zinwell switch do what I want? Either 103 or 99 on any of up to four receivers. Or is there a better option?

Zinwell 4x4

I have found the Zinwell switches to be very functional and reliable. Personally I have used the SAM-3402 (3x4 multiswitch, unpowered, used to distribute antenna and Orby service to four tvs) and the SAM-4803 (4x8 powered multiswitch, used to send FTA sat signals to four receivers). I have not used the particular model of switch you linked to myself so can't say for sure but it appears it might work for you. Horizontal and vertical from each sat fed from your dual output GSP bullets to the switch with three of the four outputs used giving you a spare. How long of a cable run do you have?

Last edited:
I used that Zinwell switch up until a year ago. I wanted to run a 5th tv so I now run the Zinwell 6x8 switch that Direct Tv used. You can find that one on ebay for about the same price as the 4x4. On the 6x8, 2 of the inputs won't work but hooking it to your 2 dual output lnb's will work fine. I'm not familiar with GSP Bullet LNBF's but the Zinwells use 22Khz to switch between inputs. Good luck with the new setup

I should add that it is the 2 Flex Ports that will not work on the 6x8

Good luck with those un-powered switches.. I could never get those darn things to work.

This is what i use, and have had great results with them :

Reactions: Lee60