dish pointing help (superdish with 3LNB

tl24

Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
ok what is the best way to setup a superdish with 301 IRD. my superdish have 3LNB not sure what satllite to look for 105west or 121west and i live in houston Tx my zip is 77459

If you are looking twards the dish and one of the LNB's sticks out to the left, you have the 121. out to the right, its 105. I always aim for 119, and the rest should line up, providing your skew and elevations are correct.

tl24 said:
ok what is the best way to setup a superdish with 301 IRD. my superdish have 3LNB not sure what satllite to look for 105west or 121west and i live in houston Tx my zip is 77459
Do you have the SuperDish? If you get it new, It comes with instructions for proper installation and aiming instructions, which should be followed very closely.

boy921 said:
Do you have the SuperDish? If you get it new, It comes with instructions for proper installation and aiming instructions, which should be followed very closely.

nope it was used

JohnnyProphet2001 said:
If you are looking twards the dish and one of the LNB's sticks out to the left, you have the 121. out to the right, its 105. I always aim for 119, and the rest should line up, providing your skew and elevations are correct.

kool thanks for the inof i will try it tomorrow

It is VERY important to make sure your mast/pole is perfectly plumb otherwise your skew and elevation numbers will not be true. This will help you out a LOT. Try aiming at 119 first connecting the 119 lnbf to port one on the side then do a check switch. After that connect 105 up to port one and fine tune your signal. Once you get the signal in on 105 do another check switch and make sure you check mark the SuperDish box. Try transponders 18 or 23 for 105 and transponders above 10 for 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)