What satellite has the HD channels on it?

kspeters

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 15, 2005
I am getting a new install in a week or so and was wondering whuch satellites I need to see to get all the HD channels?

other than the CBS feed - if you qualify. It then depends on if you are east or west coast. East coast feed comes in at 61.5 and the west, I think, comes in at 148...

Thanks for the info. I don't qualify for cbs so I guess I don't need 61.5 or 148.

cbs

I called Dish for CBS HD info. I qualified, but they wanted to charge me $200. for the install ,etc. I said ...No Thanks.

You are entitled to a free dish at 148° or 61.5°. if you live in any of the following cities and are subscribed to local channels:
Atlanta, GA (3) Boston, MA (5) Buffalo, NY (2) Chicago, IL (6) Dallas, TX (1)
Cleveland, OH (2) Denver, CO (7)
Detroit, MI (1) Fresno, CA (3)
Greenville, SC (2) Indianapolis, IN (1) Houston, TX (5)
Louisville, KY (2) Memphis, TN (1) Las Vegas, NV (1)
Minneapolis, MN (1) Little Rock, AR (2)
Nashville, TN (2) Los Angeles, CA (3)
New York, NY (8) Orlando, FL (5) Paducah, KY (1) Omaha, NE (1)
Philadelphia, PA (5) Sacramento, CA (2)
Pittsburgh, PA (1) Salt Lake City, UT (2)
Roanoke, VA (2) San Francisco, CA (9)
St. Louis, MO (2) Santa Barbara, CA (1)
Tampa, FL (5) Seattle, WA (2)
Washington, D.C. (5) Sioux Falls, SD (2)
Spokane, WA (2)
Tulsa, OK (3)
Waco, TX (1)

jmd102354 said:
I called Dish for CBS HD info. I qualified, but they wanted to charge me $200. for the install ,etc. I said ...No Thanks.
$200 for what? If you qualify for CBSHD it certainly is a lot less a month than that. Maybe they want you to buy a package deal. I think the HD pack is only 10 -12 bucks a month. You will need an HD receiver if you don't have one at present. E* does have a pretty good deal if you need one and it might be around 200. If you want to record in HD in HD DVR format, you will need a 921 (or not released yet 942).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)