dish pointing HELP

gingivitis

Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Hi I have a Dish500 dual lbn labeled 110 and 119 on it. The dish network tech guy installed it. I want to change it to pick up BEV Nimiq 91 satellite. I have a BEV receiver. I can't seem to locate it, no problems locating 110 and 119 though. I spind the dish around ( azimuth ). Haven't tried changing elevation or skew. Do I need something special to use my dish for the BEV 91 sat? I live in California, Bay Area.

CALIFORNIA - Nimiq Dish Pointing

San Francisco - Lat=37.8 Long=122.4

Dish Elevation=35.3
Dish Azimuth=135.1

5 minutes and a search engine can answer most anything. :D

Yeah I've been searching and i got all kinds of skew,azimuth, and elevation numbers. I'll try the one you posted. Thanks. My question is does skew and elevation really matter that much? they seem to be for tweaking after finding a signal. I should see the signal just from azimuth right?

gingivitis said:
Yeah I've been searching and i got all kinds of skew,azimuth, and elevation numbers. I'll try the one you posted. Thanks. My question is does skew and elevation really matter that much? they seem to be for tweaking after finding a signal. I should see the signal just from azimuth right?

um....NO

The elevation is very important...skew is only if you want ot pick up both satellites (82 & 91)...If all you want is 91, leave skew at 90.

Your elevation is 35...where I live its 39..those 4 degrees can make a world of difference between getting a signal and wasting a day trying to install and get it working :)

Success! I adjusted the elevation and panned around and found the bird. Didn't really need a compass. Thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)