Dish pointing problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crhea

Original poster
May 16, 2010
Minnesota
I'm an old C-band sat guy trying to do a self-install of a 1000.2/VIP922 using an Accutrac III+.

Connected to port 1 on the 3LNB and peaked. I've got 70 strength on Sat 129, 54 on Sat 119 (both on T21), but when I select 110, it says: Wrong Sat: Echostar 129 W.

The Check Switch only shows 129 on #1, 119 on #2 and CONN on #3.

I'm thinking I'm pointing too far West and have the sats on the wrong horns-- is the "Wrong Sat" message just an artifact of how the switch works?

Sorry if this is a dumb question-- new to the Dish Network/multi-LNB game.

Nevermind...

Yup... that was it. Went out this morning and moved the dish East... then made sure I had
119 on the center horn.

Duh!

Cute way to MAKE SURE it's on the right horn...

Since I got burned with the sat getting picked up on the wrong horn, I did a quick-n-dirty to MAKE SURE I had it right:

Leave the center horn alone, and cover the other two with a small piece of tin foil. Then see that the receiver:

1. Gets signal on the 119 sat.

2. Identifies the sat correctly.

Again, I was working with a 1000.2 (110/119/129) dish and peaking on the 119 sat. Obviously,
you'd change this if you're searching for/peaking on the 129, as one poster mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts