Dish Pointing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

domando1069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Hi
I think I have it right, but I need conformation. I installed my dish at camp using my recievers signal meter. I have the following signal strength's, all on Transponder 1, for 101 -87%, 99c -82%, 103cb -82%. By the way it's very cloudy and raining today. I have no signal on the following: 99s, 103s and 103ca. Is this normal? or am I supose to have signal on these satellites?
Thanks

Theb (s) sats are spot beams and I believe the (ca) one is for the D12 sat that isn't in place yet. So you look good, but the 99 and 103 could be a bit better.

Theb (s) sats are spot beams and I believe the (ca) one is for the D12 sat that isn't in place yet. So you look good, but the 99 and 103 could be a bit better.

All true.

Hi
I think I have it right, but I need conformation. I installed my dish at camp using my recievers signal meter. I have the following signal strength's, all on Transponder 1, for 101 -87%, 99c -82%, 103cb -82%. By the way it's very cloudy and raining today. I have no signal on the following: 99s, 103s and 103ca. Is this normal? or am I supose to have signal on these satellites?
Thanks

What are your signal strengths on the other transponders? If the ones you posted are the lowest, then you are probably okay, but if they get into the 70's, then you are not quite aligned correctly.

Thanks to all
99 & 103 are 78 to 84, and 101 are 86 to 98. Had some on 99 go up to 95 when sun came out, I will tweak it a bit more. I seem to have all my channels, Thanks guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)