Dish Pointing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TazDan

Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I have a question about pointing my dish. I have a dish that has 3 spots for LNBs but I only have 2 LNBs. I have set it up to receive 110. What do I do to get the 119 now. Do I just move the skew or do I have to move the dish for the 119 signal. Could you please help a newbee. Thanks in advance.

First make sure that your mast is perfectly level.Then set your elevation and skew,to find what this is use your receiver.Go to menu then setup,dish pointing and put in your zip.Last you will see Azimuth that will be your reading on a compass to point the dish.

Which sat should I try first(110 or 119)? After that do I just move the tilt around till I find the other sat?

1. what system do you have?
2. depending on what system you have and what you are trying to do, set your skew (tilt) and elevation first, snug the skew good , hand tight on the elevation
3. then (depending again) use you compass to locate your approx azimuth. give each bump a few seconds to react on the receiver.

TazDan said:
I have a question about pointing my dish. I have a dish that has 3 spots for LNBs but I only have 2 LNBs. I have set it up to receive 110. What do I do to get the 119 now. Do I just move the skew or do I have to move the dish for the 119 signal. Could you please help a newbee. Thanks in advance.
A little confused. Sounds like you have a DirecTVPlus or Para Todos dish where the three LNBs are connected separately to the dish and wired to a 4x4 multi-switch on the back of the dish.

That being the case, as you stand behind the dish, the order is 119, 110 and 101 from left to right. If you already had an LNB in 101 and 110, you shouldn't need to realign the dish at all. Pop in the new 119 LNB, and make sure your 110 SATC kit is wired correctly.

Alternately, the best way to align these dishes is to peak 101 and make a pencil mark from the mast housing to the mast. Then peak 119 and make a similar pencil mark. Look at the two marks on the mast and split the difference.

Whatever you do do not adjust the skew, set it and forget it. Only make adjustments in the elevation (up and down) and the azimuth (left to right).

I am confused as well. I think someone is getting the DirecTv multi-sat dish confused with the Dish Network multi-sat dish.

Special Dish Pointing Question for Guru's

Recently moved to Las Vegas (115 degrees).

When pointing POLAR MOUNTED dishes, you are required to set the elevation adjustment to the Zenith Satellite ( the one due South of you ), and the azimuth adjustment to the Extreme Satellite ( the one furthest out on the arc ).

What do you do when your Zenith satellite ( in my case at 115 degrees ) operates in a band your receivers and LNB's can't see? ( X Band - XMROCK ).

Any Guru's out there with a tip for this situation?

Contact Me @ rfengineer@juno.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)