Dish pointing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grandadbaza

Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
uk
Had a problem with my automatic sat system on my motorhome , Its a Kathrein Cap 900 system , I wanted to manually align the dish using the settings menu and the remote , I went on Dish Pointer entered my location and Astra 28.2 ,the figures I was given were Elev 23.5 / Azim 146.0 /Skew 11.8 ,tried these and nothing , after much manual tuning and guesswork I found 28.2 and according to my on screen display the settings were Elev 22.5 / Azim 50.3 /Skew 19.0
Can anyone explain the variation especially with the Azim .
Tried this at different location with similar results
Appreciate any advice ,so I can manually tune more efficiently in future

Regards

Baza:confused:

I think you may have posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for Dish Network. I don't know of any programming Dish has @ Astra 28.2.

Market

The satellites at the Astra 28.2°E position primarily provide digital TV, digital radio and multimedia services to the UK and Republic of Ireland, broadcasting more than 470 TV, radio and interactive channels to homes in the UK and Ireland.[1]

The majority of these channels broadcast as part of British Sky Broadcasting’s Sky Digital pay-TV platform or the free-to-air Freesat platform, and they include free-to-air and encrypted high definition television (HDTV) channels.

At this position, Astra 2B also provides capacity on a steerable spot beam deployed on West Africa for Internet and telecommunications services, the commercial responsibility of another subsidiary of SES, SES New Skies.

Not being familiar with that system I'm going to assume it uses a single legacy style LNB that only looks at one orbital at a time. That being the case you can just use the pointing aid on your receiver by entering in the zip code for the location you are in, and choosing a 300 dish. If the system is a two orbital system the choosing a 500 dish should give you the correct set up parameters.

Not being familiar with that system I'm going to assume it uses a single legacy style LNB that only looks at one orbital at a time. That being the case you can just use the pointing aid on your receiver by entering in the zip code for the location you are in, and choosing a 300 dish. If the system is a two orbital system the choosing a 500 dish should give you the correct set up parameters.
YOU REALLY NEED TO READ HIS LOCATION UK DOSEN"T USE DISH Network.

Had a problem with my automatic sat system on my motorhome , Its a Kathrein Cap 900 system , I wanted to manually align the dish using the settings menu and the remote , I went on Dish Pointer entered my location and Astra 28.2 ,the figures I was given were Elev 23.5 / Azim 146.0 /Skew 11.8 ,tried these and nothing , after much manual tuning and guesswork I found 28.2 and according to my on screen display the settings were Elev 22.5 / Azim 50.3 /Skew 19.0
Can anyone explain the variation especially with the Azim .
Tried this at different location with similar results
Appreciate any advice ,so I can manually tune more efficiently in future

Regards

Baza:confused:

You need to post in the FTA forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)