dish pointing

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
can someone explain to me why today while i was messing with my dish using a regular single lnb i hit 110 (very easily), but i was trying to hit 119. so looking at the lnb bracket 119 is left of 110, so being ( i guess stupid) me i moved it to the left. hit diff sats im guessing 129 (idk it wouldnt tell me) but when i pushed the dish to the right i hit 119.

oh btw im in sacramento CA. but this just doesnt make sense. even my dish 1000 has them in that order (right to left) 110,119,129.

this may be really simple but im confused.

when you are looking at the lnbs, the 119 is on the left, but the signal bounces off the reflector from the right side of the dish, 110 is on the right side, but the signal comes in on the left
on a multisatellite dish, the signal doesnt come in straight, it reflects off the reflector at an angle.

when you are looking at the lnbs, the 119 is on the left, but the signal bounces off the reflector from the right side of the dish, 110 is on the right side, but the signal comes in on the left
on a multisatellite dish, the signal doesnt come in straight, it reflects off the reflector at an angle.

thanks for your help. now i think i have a better chance of finding 129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts