Dish\PPV\Rain

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcktfn

Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Houston, TX
I currently have Dish and want to order the Mayweather\McGregor fight for tomorrow but I live in Houston and we are expecting a lot of rain so I am worried about interruptions. I was thinking it might be a better idea to stream over the internet. The only option I see is on SlingTV. Dish and Sling offer the fight for $99.99. I'd rather go with dish, but I have people coming over. I'd also hate to pay $99 and lose it because of weather. I've never ordered PPV during a rain, and I have never streamed a live PPV event over the internet (and don't have a SlingTV account), so I am just looking for some advice. Anyone care to chime in?

Thanks,

I would go with streaming as long as you have internet you will be ok. Dish will go out during the expected rain.
depending what box you have roku, apple, etc, ufc is probably the best option.
"Through UFC Pay Per View on the web, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV (fourth-generation), Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Samsung Smart TV, and LG Smart TV"

Mayweather vs. McGregor: Live-stream details for the big fight

I currently have Dish and want to order the Mayweather\McGregor fight for tomorrow but I live in Houston and we are expecting a lot of rain so I am worried about interruptions. I was thinking it might be a better idea to stream over the internet. The only option I see is on SlingTV. Dish and Sling offer the fight for $99.99. I'd rather go with dish, but I have people coming over. I'd also hate to pay $99 and lose it because of weather. I've never ordered PPV during a rain, and I have never streamed a live PPV event over the internet (and don't have a SlingTV account), so I am just looking for some advice. Anyone care to chime in?

Thanks,
That's the chance you take when you're willing to spend $99 for a ppv. Hope it works out for ya. Better go with streaming.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The only part of the PPV that is internet based is the initial authorization. After that, it is satellite delivered. That statement made about it coming IP delivered is completely incorrect.
If you're worried about weather, I would do the Streaming options through SlingTV.

As pointed out, only CERTAIN VODs are internet delivered, and those are the ones you get from the On Demand menus. The ones on 1-501 are also satellite delivered, and IP authorized. They are stored on the receiver, however, when downloaded from the satellite.

I streamed it last night for free. I wasn't upset about the glitches.. mainly because it saved me $100.
The only glitch I had was not being in HD, but no lags or freezes atr all. Good fight BTW. To bad Conor never trained to go longer than 6 rounds

It was a great fight. Both parties did great. I can not complain about either. Connor is not, nor has he ever trained to be a boxer. So to go 10 rounds with one of the GOATs, is a huge accomplishment of its own.

The stream I had was HD and great. I also got the commentary with it.

It was a great fight. Both parties did great. I can not complain about either. Connor is not, nor has he ever trained to be a boxer. So to go 10 rounds with one of the GOATs, is a huge accomplishment of its own.

The stream I had was HD and great. I also got the commentary with it.
Agreed. I had the Showtime PPV feed,. so I got all the prelims and commentary and after fight coverage. I may have been able to find HD but the link I had was working well, so I just went with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)