DISH Press Conference Notes

Thanks for all info from CES the new Hopper sounds great and makes it very interesting and Any price on the Hopper? When will the new Hopper be out or will it be the same one with new software? Will the new Hopper have the OTA Tuner built in or still separate?? Thanks for help and info :)

Last edited:
Some Shots...

Attachments

• Pro Consumer.JPG
    Pro Consumer.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 362
  • Transfer.JPG
    Transfer.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Hopper Transfers.JPG
    Hopper Transfers.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 366
  • Social.JPG
    Social.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Hopper With Sling.JPG
    Hopper With Sling.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 351
  • Speakers.JPG
    Speakers.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 356
  • Hopper With Sling 2.JPG
    Hopper With Sling 2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 350
Actually the 922 got a number of updates and new features after the hopper was released.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

"Hopper with Sling" existing customer upgrade fee will be $200 to $300 beginning 1/17/13.

Is that an existing Hopper customer or non-Hopper customer and does the protection plan play into this at all (swapping out current Hopper for new model Hopper)?

Actually the 922 got a number of updates and new features after the hopper was released.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Actually they really fixed some things that were promised for a long time. Not what I would call new updates, but more things they finally got working. The 922 is the poster child for a lot of features that were never delivered, yet still charged for by the $10/month fee.

Hey Scott - I was getting ready to switch to DISH this week. My set up is Americas 250 with 2 hoppers and Sling adapter. Would you advise me to wait until after the 17th so I can get the new hoppers that include the sling etc. Also, would I be sacrificing a good price now for something that's going to cost a lot more after the 17th?

Thanks,

Snoozer

"Hopper with Sling" existing customer upgrade fee will be $200 to $300 beginning 1/17/13.

If in deed it is $200 to $300 i wonder how many people who got the Hopper 1 will pay another $200/$300 to get the Hopper 2 Kinda of stinks i just got updated to the Hopper 1 last month now the new one comes out. Maybe Dish will give the ones with the Hopper 1 a discount on the Sling Adapter

Hey Scott - I was getting ready to switch to DISH this week. My set up is Americas 250 with 2 hoppers and Sling adapter. Would you advise me to wait until after the 17th so I can get the new hoppers that include the sling etc. Also, would I be sacrificing a good price now for something that's going to cost a lot more after the 17th?

Thanks,

Snoozer

Theres going to be a price increase starting the 17th $ 5 bucks more for base packages im not sure if this affects the 12 promation price though but i would wait till the newer Hopper comes out

Last edited by a moderator:
If in deed it is $200 to $300 i wonder how many people who got the Hopper 1 will pay another $200/$300 to get the Hopper 2 Kinda of stinks i just got updated to the Hopper 1 last month now the new one comes out. Maybe Dish will give the ones with the Hopper 1 a discount on the Sling Adapter

Ya...same here. Waited since March 15th...to get it at an affordable price. I was quoted $1,400 for months....$700 for months..$300 a month..finally free...my kinda price. Never imagined...hopper 2 would be out. Why not put the featuers from the CES video from 8 months ago out...remote with a keyboard...tags on dvr recordings...even heard a google chrome app. Those features where for hopper in the video...not Hopper 2...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)