DISH Price Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dan188 said:
30 bucks for the sling adapter sounds like a grate deal. Can I have a sling box on both my 722ks at my house and aacess ethier one

Yes, just make sure at the top where it shows which reciever you pick the correct one......

I decided to cave in and go with the rebate... Of course though, the page where you sign up for the rebate states "The system is currently unavailable, please try again later." Oh joy...

On another note, I'm really liking the Sling! It's a little buggy, but by now I'm used to DRA/Dish Online bugs.

EDIT: I messed up the rebate, but Mary has fixed it. Hell compared to most rebates, it's not so bad, especially with DIRT!

Last edited:
The only pricing stuff Im not to happy about is the "online credit" thing. The blue guys went towards that discount model. It sux for elderly that have no idea how to turn on a computer. I can imagine the phone call:...

"First, you need to get a library card, then ask to use the computer. Have the librarian walk you through what the mouse is. Once you are comfortable with that, click on the little blue "E" (internet explorer)at the bottom of the screen....... Are you writing this down? Do I need to hold while you grab a pen?....... Ok so back to the little blue "E" thingy we'll call it. Now you need to click on the white empty bar. When you see a blinking vertical line begin typing www.dishn........and so on.

I guess They want to stop acquiring older folks. Cuz that'll be a tough sale.

When February roles around it normally price increase time for DISH customers, and this year is no difference. But unlike other years only a few minor increases to tell you about.
Scott are you aware of the price of the Multi-Sport w/Redzone Package increasing from $7/mo to $9/mo on Feb 1st.? I read on the other forum someone got a letter stating this...

Last edited:
The $30 sling adaptor is a good promotion, as its easier than trying to sell it for $99 with a promise of a rebate which some people will usually never redeem.

As far as the price freeze, granted they didn't lie to the customers, but it was very misleading as some customers will go up as much as $4 if they have 2 movie packages and multi-sports.

Granted Dish is now making a profit, but these price increases are making their pricing look more and more simmilar to cable and Directv and that is why they can't seem to keep customers.

I'd also think going off the grid is affecting them as well. I keep flicking through channels and there isn't a decent amount of programming on (if you don't like "reality" programming). But I need FSC and having the HD is good as well, and the stuff on the EHD is critical. But many people are probably giving up and going via the Web for content. And then you have the people who flop back and forth between providers for the initially low rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)