DISH Price Increases

We probably are similar. I watch a lot of TV, especially when the weather keeps me from doing much outdoors. So I have Dish, local cable w/TiVo, Netflix and Amazon, plus all the premiums. Yeah, it costs a bit and now and then I scale things back but in general I think I'm getting what I want at a price that doesn't make me squeal too much. :)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I think that all programming *packages* include locals. I don't consider foreign language bundles, sports bundles, etc to be "packages" either. They normally need a base package to go with them, do that not ?
International bundles require a base package (International Basic or Chinese Basic) or a conventional English or Spanish package. I don't think the $10 base packages include locals but there may (or may not) be a mandatory $6 add-on for locals.

What's wrong with using the Tivo for streaming services.
There's nothing inherently wrong with using one if you have one but not many have TiVos. According to TiVo, the number of active TiVos is somewhere around 6 million. Note that the number includes all TiVo DVRs whether retail or through carriers such as Cox, Comcast and DIRECTV.

Welcome combined with Heartland and Movie Pack might just be good enough.

The Welcome Pack has Discovery Family and Hallmark Channel. The Dish Movie Pack has Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and PixL. So, the remaining channels in Heartland would be the following: Baby TV, GSN, OWN, RFD-TV, Ride, Rural TV, and UP. We used to like GSN for the classic game shows, and we would maybe watch those Dateline or ID-like shows on OWN from time to time. However, TLC plays them from time to time.

I looked at that since we switched Welcome Pack with Encore and Heartland to Welcome Pack with Dish Movie Pack (when it was allowed back with it). We also added the HBO Special Price for $10/month [figured we could drop it if we decide to later on].

Reactions: fhsucade07
I find myself watching more and more content online, been watching more online at times than the satellite. Almost makes me wonder if I really need cable tv that badly anymore with as high as it is getting.

Also, why is the increase on the main packages always $5? I can see $2-3 maybe, but $5 a year is too high. Now the DVR rates are raising...remember years back when Dish bragged how they didn't charge a DVR fee? lol

it use to be 2-3 bucks a year. Then Dish did the old "hey we wont raise your rates for 2 years", then proceeded to do a $5 increase, then a 0 then a $5 increase again while Directv just did a $3 each year and the Dish subs thought they got the better deal ;)

yeah pretty much. When I had FTA and was in that area more it was either how to set up a dish or "why did they add some stupid new sports channel or why did ______ leave?"
Didn't you help her set up an OTA system? I think I can remember her being quite animated in some of those threads where you were trying to help her figure out how to get some distant locals on antenna.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Scott with over 250 posts in this thread is it possible to start another thread with the information that IS CORRECT, or make a sticky with the correct information?

Anyone interested in the history of PRICE HIKES for DISH since the beginning of the company till 2016 :

jameslong.name/pricing.html

After reading this one you will really feel bad about the price of satellite tv.

Reactions: stardust3
Maaaan this is some bs, I've barely had my account 2 years and this is the 2nd rate hike.
My local Comcast has had four price changes in the last 18 months. I've been a Netflix OTT subscriber for just over two years and their price has gone up three times.

It is folly to assume that prices don't change fairly regularly. DISH has had a programming price increase every year but one since I've subscribed. DIRECTV has never missed an annual increase in that time.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)