DISH Price Increases

Just an Update.
Dish never mentioned the price increase at all on this month's or last month's bill, But it did show up in the bill, But also my price lock gave it right back.

But I still have to question why Dish can't give you prior notice of a price increase?
I take that as a sign of disrespect to your existing customers.
I'm sure there are many older customers that aren't thinking about surfing the internet to see if someone else knows they are raising rates.

The rate increases announced this year that gave me minimum 30 days notice .
Blue Ridge Cable (broadcast Basic , $27-$29
PPL Electric (Generation increase) pennys
Blue Cross of Arkansas
Increased $58 per month.

Not official notice from Dish except the bill.
So basically 14 days notice.

Thank goodness for Satellite Guys

84b91e22624555dac10b23a6ed329838.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thier are only 4 states that dish has to give 30 day notice on price increases ...if you didnt receive a notice your not one of those states.

Give Charlie some respect. He started the company from scratch. Built it into what it is now which is incredibly impressive. Sorry that he made billions of dollars but he earned it. He built his compay up to a point where he longer needed to be involved in the day to day operations and he could go take on other ventures. Isn't this what every business person wants? Times change and so do business models.

I'm not sure Dish could have stayed the way they were and survived. Low prices were great but Dish still wasn't gaining more customers. They needed to make changes. If it wasn't going to be major sports packages then it had to be technology and that cost money. Dish could still be sitting back with single tuner, non DVR, SD receivers for us all with some basic packages. I can tell you Dish would have failed long ago then.

Don't forget the Charlie is also only person who has stayed with his business from the start. How many times has DirecTV or other providers been sold off? You don't have to like Charlie but I suggest that he deserves a great deal of respect from anyone who enjoys watching TV.

Don't like the price increases but at least those "South of the 49th Par-ell" get their dollar for a dollar. Me I get shafted twice once with price increases the other with exchange rate. Its KILLING ME, but hey I've got no choice if the package I want the everything with extras, I either pay or loose. It's not like I can switch to Comcast Verizon or anything like that?

Don't like the price increases but at least those "South of the 49th Par-ell" get their dollar for a dollar. Me I get shafted twice once with price increases the other with exchange rate. Its KILLING ME, but hey I've got no choice if the package I want the everything with extras, I either pay or loose. It's not like I can switch to Comcast Verizon or anything like that?

It's really hard to say you're getting shafted when you choose to pay for something that is considered to be a luxury in many parts of the world.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying its not a luxury or don't have a choice. I do. I don't have to sub to Dish or get a lower package, but if I want "True US channels" and not Canadianized versions of the US ones, basically I don't have a choice? It's kind of hard to sub to any US cable or US IPTV service when your living in Canada.The only other option is Direct, but there prices wil go up as well at some point. And yes I know there is the internet way, but when your 'Old School' you tend to stick to the old fashion way.

Like I said don't like the increases but I guess I'm stuck paying for it, if I want True US programming and after all I had to do to get Dish and everything. So I guess I'm damed if I do or damed if I don't.OH well life goes on.

At this point, with my kids now, I could honestly go without tv at all. We are always so active, hiking or seeing new things, I watch maybe 2 hours a night. Big difference from a year ago, when I was watching more than 12 hours a day. Good news is I weighed myself today, and I have lost a lot of weight, my bmi is better, and my life in genuinely happier now than when I had all those hours of tv I could never miss.

I looked at the price increase sheet again on first page of the thread and notice it say the EVERYTHING Package is not available to "PublicPrivate"customers. Thats not true I've got that package and I'm paying for it? So what gives? :wtf

Give Charlie some respect. He started the company from scratch. Built it into what it is now which is incredibly impressive. Sorry that he made billions of dollars but he earned it. He built his compay up to a point where he longer needed to be involved in the day to day operations and he could go take on other ventures. Isn't this what every business person wants? Times change and so do business models.

I'm not sure Dish could have stayed the way they were and survived. Low prices were great but Dish still wasn't gaining more customers. They needed to make changes. If it wasn't going to be major sports packages then it had to be technology and that cost money. Dish could still be sitting back with single tuner, non DVR, SD receivers for us all with some basic packages. I can tell you Dish would have failed long ago then.

Don't forget the Charlie is also only person who has stayed with his business from the start. How many times has DirecTV or other providers been sold off? You don't have to like Charlie but I suggest that he deserves a great deal of respect from anyone who enjoys watching TV.
Great points sherman...Charlie truly an innovator...dish as much a tech company as TV provider

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying its not a luxury or don't have a choice. I do. I don't have to sub to Dish or get a lower package, but if I want "True US channels" and not Canadianized versions of the US ones, basically I don't have a choice? It's kind of hard to sub to any US cable or US IPTV service when your living in Canada.The only other option is Direct, but there prices wil go up as well at some point. And yes I know there is the internet way, but when your 'Old School' you tend to stick to the old fashion way.

Like I said don't like the increases but I guess I'm stuck paying for it, if I want True US programming and after all I had to do to get Dish and everything. So I guess I'm damed if I do or damed if I don't.OH well life goes on.

I looked at the price increase sheet again on first page of the thread and notice it say the EVERYTHING Package is not available to "PublicPrivate"customers. Thats not true I've got that package and I'm paying for it? So what gives? :wtf

It's hard to sub to a US cable or IPTV service in Canada? It's hard because it is illegal....

You are not a new subscriber, that's what gives.

Thier are only 4 states that dish has to give 30 day notice on price increases ...if you didnt receive a notice your not one of those states.

Just got a notice today and thank you note from Charlie for my loyalty in mail today along with the 30 day free Epix offer to soften the blow. Mother-in-law got one too. Don't know if Indiana is one of these states, but at least it's better than nothing. ;)

Just got a notice today and thank you note from Charlie for my loyalty in mail today along with the 30 day free Epix offer to soften the blow. Mother-in-law got one too. Don't know if Indiana is one of these states, but at least it's better than nothing. ;)
Me too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts