DISH Price Increases

Do you plan on buying the 625 because according to DIRT on Facebook they are no longer offering SD equipment to customers.
I already own it. Its in my collection :) I even have on old 721 LOL Been with Dish since 1980

Gotta wonder what they're gonna do with all the 3 tuner hoppers they'll be getting back.
The number of customers who will upgrade will be lower than you'd think. Don't base what you read here from users here as typical of Dish customers.

I likely will not upgrade to the newest Hopper for a while. If/when I do, it will only be for the faster processor and Joey 2 replacement. I can count on two hands the number of times we've had tuner conflicts. Our lives here simply don't revolve around TV.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Wasn't DISH supposed to reveal some new lower priced packs to appeal to the cord cutters at CES? I read that there was speculation that would be announced at CES along with the new hopper3 ,hopper go, etc. Unless DISH's SlingTv was the company that they were talking about.

Wasn't DISH supposed to reveal some new lower priced packs to appeal to the cord cutters at CES? I read that there was speculation that would be announced at CES along with the new hopper3 ,hopper go, etc. Unless DISH's SlingTv was the company that they were talking about.
That would be what makes sense, especially since the WP is still $19.99

The reason I asked was that I read an interesting article today online that talked about DISH and their new hopper3. It said that when a company is losing subs to cord cutters etc, there are two ways to attract new subs and retain existing subs. One is lower your FEE prices and programming- smaller more affordable packs or you come out with new cutting edge receivers like the Hopper 3 with all the bells and whistles. They said that DISH chose the new receiver route.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Me personally, I would rather have new technology at the same price, than old technology at a cheaper rate... That's my opinion and I am sure that varies from person to person.

EchoStar with the C-Band dishes way back in the day.

I would much rather have the better technology, that is what keeps me with Dish, if it would only have meant saving just a little bit of money otherwise. If their DVR wasn't much better than Directv then I would have already switched long ago to get the deals that Directv offers. Makes me wonder what Directv is going to do to counter this.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just an Update.
Dish never mentioned the price increase at all on this month's or last month's bill, But it did show up in the bill, But also my price lock gave it right back.

But I still have to question why Dish can't give you prior notice of a price increase?
I take that as a sign of disrespect to your existing customers.
I'm sure there are many older customers that aren't thinking about surfing the internet to see if someone else knows they are raising rates.

The rate increases announced this year that gave me minimum 30 days notice .
Blue Ridge Cable (broadcast Basic , $27-$29
PPL Electric (Generation increase) pennys
Blue Cross of Arkansas
Increased $58 per month.

Not official notice from Dish except the bill.
So basically 14 days notice.

Thank goodness for Satellite Guys

84b91e22624555dac10b23a6ed329838.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Just an Update.
Dish never mentioned the price increase at all on this month's or last month's bill, But it did show up in the bill, But also my price lock gave it right back.
No notification has become more the norm than the exception, at least who I do business with.

My Comcast internet went up $3 a month. I didn't receive anything that told me that was going to happen, that is, until the next bill came in.

My Comcast internet went up $3 a month. I didn't receive anything that told me that was going to happen, that is, until the next bill came in.
Seems to be the way of the future I guess in TV world.
My cable company is privately owned, so I would assume that's why they still pre-warn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah, my Comcast bill went up $5/mo this month...no notice. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw on a Prof's door when I was college 37 years ago: "We're the Bell System. We don't care. We don't have to."

I'm not so sure you couldn't just put several company's names in there and it'd fit just as good as it did 37 years ago...

Reactions: TheKrell
But I still have to question why Dish can't give you prior notice of a price increase?
Are you thinking of cable companies that are often under franchise agreements with local cities, areas, etc ? They typically require, as part of their agreement, that the cableco notify customers ~30 days in advance. Dish used to notify customers too.... The only "contract" would be the user agreement between Dish and the customer and I just looked through it quickly. No mention of them having to notify in advance.

Yeah, my Comcast bill went up $5/mo this month...no notice. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw on a Prof's door when I was college 37 years ago: "We're the Bell System. We don't care. We don't have to."

Just look up my e-Bill for Comcast dated Dec.21, 2015 and they had all the details of the price increases on pages 3-6.

I went back and looked and you are absolutely correct. It is, indeed, there. I seldom look at the e-bill itself, just the amount to be automatically deducted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts