DISH Price Increases

So, after reading this entire thread so far all I can say is that I am glad that I have Welcome Pack and that I already upgraded to Hopper instead of waiting until after the grandfathering deadline to do the upgrade. :)

To an extent, as the content on regular TV continues to deteriorate, it does become Dish's problem if people start cutting the cord and/or dropping down to smaller packages because they aren't satisfied with the content. Not sure Dish should go down this road but it's notable that DirecTV has made some investment in content, so they can truly offer something no one else can. I do think that as the quality of the non-premium programming drops, it probably gives Dish leverage to negotiate, but of course some programmers have "must have" programming like sports, in which case Dish may be obligated to accept a bunch of junk channels in order to get the good ones.

My December 16 - January 16 Bill mentioned nothing about a rate increase.
So If I wasn't A Satelliteguys member I guess my notice would be a Higher Autopay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My December 16 - January 16 Bill mentioned nothing about a rate increase.
So If I wasn't A Satelliteguys member I guess my notice would be a Higher Autopay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It will be the bill that the billing period starts the day of or after the price change. So if Dish is doing theirs on January 18, then you wouldn't be affected until the bill that generates after January 18

Reactions: Mr Tony
Why can't they save the increases for the Spring or Summer? People just spend a lot at holiday time and January is a slow month with many people low on money, yet surprise your Dish bill is raising on top of everything else...

Also, why is the increase on the main packages always $5? I can see $2-3 maybe, but $5 a year is too high. Now the DVR rates are raising...remember years back when Dish bragged how they didn't charge a DVR fee? lol

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Why can't they save the increases for the Spring or Summer? People just spend a lot at holiday time and January is a slow month with many people low on money, yet surprise your Dish bill is raising on top of everything else...

Also, why is the increase on the main packages always $5? I can see $2-3 maybe, but $5 a year is too high. Now the DVR rates are raising...remember years back when Dish bragged how they didn't charge a DVR fee? lol
Remember, satellite tv is a luxury to begin with. There was a reason that they use to tell us.... The new year or something, but it is right after CES, so that also plays a part.

I'm not since there is nothing in it of interest, or at least not enough interest to want to pay anything for it.
Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
SO, what channels are you interested in. There are very few good channels above the Welcome pack either. From Dish America to Welcome, I would miss USA and Discovery.

So is indoor plumbing. Nobody wants to be without life's luxuries. :)
Oh you are correct, but if it was a service that raised their rates at a particular time of the year... I know that it is hard to see that, as indoor plumbing is not a service, but we could use something like Lexus. If they announced their new prices at the beginning of the year, nobody would say anything...

I have been watching a lot of the Science channel, and lately a lot of Smithsonian. I watch very little ESPN or CBS Sports, yet those are in more packages... Does not make mine better or worse. Not hating on what anyone watches.

I'm not since there is nothing in it of interest, or at least not enough interest to want to pay anything for it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
You strike me as a similarly minded consumer. We are not scraping the bottom of the barrel at all times, but willing to spend what we deem to be necessary to fulfill a need and a want, regarding this topic, entertainment , the most content the most economical way.

More than 3 joeys for one hopper.

USB adapter unplugged warning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts