DISH Price Increases

Increases happen, but some of this is just getting ridiculous. I mean, seriously, we have to spend this much on TV.

So much bogus crap on TV - before raising rates pull the fluff out of the package (i.e. Viacom channels are all full and junk, for example). I was not a cord cutter, but I am looking at it now.

My Hoppers are old, original models if I upgrade after 1-14 to the later version, then I get socked with the new fees? Whoa.

Something's gotta give on all of this.

Reactions: yomama
This is Dish's way of trying to get us to upgrade before the deadline. It worked for me. I upgraded from a ViP722k to an original Hopper.
Won't work on me. I'll stay with my grandfathered $7 DVR fee. Drop package maybe to offset the programming rates.

That brings up another question I don't think was answered. If I change programming packages, will that trigger a "change" that would make me go to the $10 DVR fee?

Won't work on me. I'll stay with my grandfathered $7 DVR fee.

Same here. I like my 722 just the way it is. Single mode with hdmi splitter feeding 3 tvs.

That brings up another question I don't think was answered. If I change programming packages, will that trigger a "change" that would make me go to the $10 DVR fee?

From what has been posted only an equipment upgrade would trigger the new dvr fee.

Probably not if it is not there already. Price increases do not mean channel rearrangements. Remember, FS1 is in the pckages(FS2 as well) that they were contracted for before they were rebranded. Those contracts are still in effect. Once they are negotiated on, then you might see package changes.

Probably not if it is not there already. Price increases do not mean channel rearrangements. Remember, FS1 is in the pckages(FS2 as well) that they were contracted for before they were rebranded. Those contracts are still in effect. Once they are negotiated on, then you might see package changes.
We might even see FS2 move down closer to FS1.

I sense the end coming. Never said I was a cord cutter, but I see it coming. I watch the locals and sports. That's it. And I can't even get my local RSN with Dish, I don't want all this crap I have to buy. I am tiring of all of this.

Phone co is supposedly coming to down offering a full slate of channels, including RSNs.

Dish...pay more get less....I realize it's not all their fault due to content providers but still.

And who in their right mind would refer someone in this day and age?Someone asks me whats a good option for tv,I ask do you have fast internet,if answer is yes,then get a roku.

Dish...pay more get less....I realize it's not all their fault due to content providers but still.

And who in their right mind would refer someone in this day and age?Someone asks me whats a good option for tv,I ask do you have fast internet,if answer is yes,then get a roku.
But Dish offers an option for that as well, for the price conscious, OTT consumer. SlingTV. There is literally somethings for almost everyone. The best they can do.

Well, dropped mine to 120. Only need "plus" during football season, and thats done other than bowl games. I may keep cycling premiums as I need them, if I can find deals. Currently have showtime for 6 months at $7.50, which was nice because of Homeland and a couple of things starting in Jan.

120+ actually includes (1) non-sports channels over what 120 offers. Pretty stupid as I'm certain Dish markets it as simply adding your regional sports network. The added channels is FXX, which has (1) show I like. I went from 120 to 120+ a few months ago only to get the Big 10 Network and will likely drop it back to just 120.

Never said I was a cord cutter, but I see it coming. I watch the locals and sports. That's it. And I can't even get my local RSN with Dish, I don't want all this crap I have to buy.
Aside from the Blazers, there isn't much that CSN NW carries. We get better treatment than DIRECTV customers (who don't get Pac-12 or CSN NW) and they claim leadership in the space. Fortunately for them, Portland still doesn't have an RSN fee.
Phone co is supposedly coming to down offering a full slate of channels, including RSNs.
Trading one cord for another is probably not in your best interest. What big telcos claim versus what they ultimately deliver are two wildly different properties. I hung onto Charter for a while because they claimed they were going to carry CSN NW.

Reactions: Tampa8
There has been no new Hopper announced yet. However it was mentioned on a recent retailer chat that a new Hopper would be announced at CES which is happening the first week of January.