DISH PRIOR TO MOVING?

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
All, it's been awhile since I've posted here but I have a closing date on my new house for Sept. 30 and have a few questions. I currently have Charter with 2 Tivos (which by the way is a decent setup) at my current address. With the Fall TV premieres set to start between now and the time i move would it behoove me to order my Dish services now (installed at my current address) so i don't have to setup my Tivo's at the new house. With that being said I am not sure if i would qualify for Dish Mover and be charged once i move. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. For the new house i would be looking at HWS, Hopper and 2 wireless Joeys. Line of sight at the new place shouldn't be an issue.

I'd wait to set up at the new house. There is no reason to set up the Tivos at the new place, simply get an appointment with Dish for the day of move in or the next....

I'd wait to set up at the new house. There is no reason to set up the Tivos at the new place, simply get an appointment with Dish for the day of move in or the next....

Thanks Bobby, the only reason i thought to get Dish now was so i could already have the DVR setup and recording before the move. Otherwise i will need to setup my Tivos at the new place to watch any DVR'd shows until i get "caught up" with the Dish timers/recordings. Hope that makes sense.

I would not do the movers deal that quickly unless you want to spend $100. If you move within 1 year of your most recent activation, or move, then you pay $100. Save it until you move there. That said, do you have a referral yet to save an additional $50? If not, let me know and I will send you a code to save you some more.

I would not do the movers deal that quickly unless you want to spend $100. If you move within 1 year of your most recent activation, or move, then you pay $100. Save it until you move there. That said, do you have a referral yet to save an additional $50? If not, let me know and I will send you a code to save you some more.

Thanks Chad, that's what i was looking for. Sorry already have a referral.

Chad I think the mover's thing has changed and you can move every 6 months now for free. I had a customer last week doing their 2nd move this year and it was free for them.

Chad I think the mover's thing has changed and you can move every 6 months now for free. I had a customer last week doing their 2nd move this year and it was free for them.
That would be awesome, but I checked just like 2 months ago and the webpage hadn't updated that. Can we get verification from DIRT on that one?

Yeah, id be willing to sign up now if i knew i wouldn't pay for the move. Obviously it would still be before 6 months.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

That's an odd thing to change. I mean, do that many people move every 6-12 months that this appeals to a decent amount of Dish customers ?
Or I suppose you are right and Dish felt for those few times worth it to keep a paying customer.

Yeah, the factor of keeping a customer when they move and making it easier for them would definitely be considered. That I wouldn't dispute at all. It just seemed odd that the # of customers this would apply to would be pretty low. On the other hand, it hooks the customer into effectively a 24-month contract extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts