DISH Pro compliant "splitter".

DennisTheSatellite

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I'm reading the install manual for Dish network: "DISH_Pro_Plus_Twin_LNBF_Installation_Information_&_Special_Considerations.pdf".

For my temporary single cable install, it says I need a "DISH Pro compliant splitter" to update my 622's software. (It's currently programmed for two input cables).

I can't find a "splitter" anywhere I Google :confused: I have a "separator", but the manual makes a clear distinction between the two – requiring the “splitter” for this software update.

Where can I buy a “splitter”, please :D

Thank you for you help!

I'm reading the install manual for Dish network: "DISH_Pro_Plus_Twin_LNBF_Installation_Information_&_Special_Considerations.pdf".

For my temporary single cable install, it says I need a "DISH Pro compliant splitter" to update my 622's software. (It's currently programmed for two input cables).

I can't find a "splitter" anywhere I Google :confused: I have a "separator", but the manual makes a clear distinction between the two – requiring the “splitter” for this software update.

Where can I buy a “splitter”, please :D

Thank you for you help!

try calling DISH

DennisTheSatellite said:

I can't find a "splitter" anywhere I Google :confused: I have a "separator", but the manual makes a clear distinction between the two ? requiring the ?splitter? for this software update.

Where can I buy a ?splitter?, please :D

Thank you for you help!

If you have two direct lines from the dish that is fine. You don't need a separator to download software and two lines works just like one line and a separator. The only "splitters" used are separators and diplexers if needed. Are you running into a problem downloading the software?

First of all, thank you for your kind and thoughtful response.

I haven't tried the software download with the seperator because the install manual even had a specially formatted paragraph -- warning me not to use the seperator, but only the splitter for the software download.

DennisTheSatellite said:
First of all, thank you for your kind and thoughtful response.

I haven't tried the software download with the seperator because the install manual even had a specially formatted paragraph -- warning me not to use the seperator, but only the splitter for the software download.

No problem. I would try the download and see what happens.

i cant imagine what type of install instruction would tell you use use a splitter with dish. are you installing in an rv? a dish pro plus lnb is designed to work with one cable using a seperator. a dish pro lnb requires the two cables with no seperator. there should be no issues with any download as long as you do a checkswitch first.
anyway if you really do need a splitter, i would imagine a compliant one would be a power passing splitter with a high frequency range.

The document you are reading was published several years ago when DPP technology was new. I'm pretty sure the caution was intended uniquely for 721 users. IIRC the ViP622 was DPP aware out of the gates.

The version of the document that I found (copyright 2004) makes no reference to splitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)