Dish Pro Digital LNBF differences

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Does anyone know the difference in the DishPro Model BS1B1UP001M with blue plastic in the connectors (similar to 2G barrells vs 1G barrells) and the DishPro Model PN151019 with white plastic in the connectors?

The PN151019 say assembled in USA and the BS1B1UP001M say made in China.

After cracking the plastic, the actual LNBFs are VERY different inside.

BS1B1UP001M

BS1B1UP001M

PN151019

PN151019

PN151019

Last edited:
Those model numbers mean nothing but blue isolators in the "F" fittings indicate Dish Pro 3ghz frequencies. The white are probably Legacy LNBs where the frequency is 950-1450.

Like P Smith said, both are clearly DP. The model numbers CLEARLY MEAN SOMETHING as the guts are 100% different.

Also notice the extra width of the plastic (as noted by the tapering) on the BS1B1UP001M as there are more electronics in the BS1B1UP001M.

A quick search on GOOGLE of the 2 numbers show both being sold on ebay as standard DP LNBFs - though again, they are very different in design.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the difference in the DishPro Model BS1B1UP001M with blue plastic in the connectors (similar to 2G barrells vs 1G barrells) and the DishPro Model PN151019 with white plastic in the connectors?

The PN151019 say assembled in USA and the BS1B1UP001M say made in China.

After cracking the plastic, the actual LNBFs are VERY different inside.

BS1B1UP001M

BS1B1UP001M

PN151019

PN151019

PN151019
Another guess would be age of LNB I just looked at the 18 DP LNBs I have in inventory and everyone has white isolators but every DPP has blue isolators. Blue was supposed to be an indicator that they were tested to at least 2.5 ghz. DISH contracts for production of products that meet their specifications so different physical products just indicates different producers.

hmmm.....I was under the impression more technically inclined people hung out here but it must be nothing but end users and lowly installers :(

At the Dishstore we have been getting them in both ways for months now. Nouthing different, I think the blue connectors come from a paticular manufacture or are "New" versions of the Dishpro Dual

The problem is the blue connectors will not work for how we attempting to modify the lnb - and inside there is a major difference. I would think that a newer model would have smaller electronics and more integrated parts - not 100% in the opposite direction. :confused:

Is there a price difference or model number difference when you order them on your level?

hmmm.....I was under the impression more technically inclined people hung out here but it must be nothing but end users and lowly installers :(
Going from the bottom of the list to the top of the list, I guess I'm somewhere in between an End User and a Lowly Installer.

But I do like to think I'm technically inclined - even if I don't know what I'm talking about.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts