Dish Pro Dual LNBF qusetion

tonyindy

Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
I have a stand alone Dish on a tripod for my RV. The past few times out I have been unable to get it to work properly. When I attach a cable to port 1 I get 110 but no 119, when I attach a cable to port 2 I get 119 but no 110 (My port info could be backwards, but you get what I'm saying.) The meter is really strong, over 100 on both sats. I thought the Dish Pro Dual LNB had a switch inside of it. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need more equipment, where do I purchase what I need quickly? I need help before camping this coming weekend.

Thanks,
Pete

have you done a check switch?

The TWIN (not dual...a dual only sees one satellite) has an internal switch but the receiver needs to do a check switch to get both satellites. Hook the receiver up to one output and run a check switch
(menu 6-1-1 then to check switch)

You're right it does come up identified as a TWIN, and Yep, I've run check switch numerous times.

What is it skewed at? It seems like you might have it set a 90, or even the possibility that since your in a RV, it might not be skewed properly for your current location.

My earlier post was a quick lunch break reply. I am now sitting in my RV looking at the screen. Here goes.

Input 1 2
Sat 110 110
Plrty All All
Device Twin Twin
Status WARNING only one sat connected

Meter is 100 + for both sats

HELP!!!

In response to P Smith, when I connect the cable to the other port on the LNB it reads 119 & 119.

In response to Scott6760 I bought a new DP Twin today and tried it. Same results.

In response to rcdallas, I am skewed to 120 as called for by the peak angles screen.

I am completely stumped, I don't have a single clue, I am lost.

Any help or ideas? Nothing is too silly to try at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)