Dish Pro Installation Problem!

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
I am a nOOb with DishNet. I recently was given a DP301 receiver. I bought a DishPro 500 w/Twin LNB from a local yokel.

I installed the dish according to the instructions (here comes the nOOb part), but I can't get a signal, no matter what I do. I had a DirecTV dish on the roof, so I turned it toward Sat 119 and got picture on the 301. But I got nada with the DishPro. :(

Also, when I "checked switch" I get "polarity" where "transponder" should be. Status: Problem detected. Check connections. :shocked

I only have the one receiver (301). Am I missing something here? Is the DishPro 500 w/Twin LNB only for 2 or more receivers? Can I make it happen with only one receiver?

Sorry to be such a nOOb but I need help!

Thank U.

A Twin can be used for just a single receiver - that's not the problem.

The 'check connections' should be followed up. :)

Are you using RG-6 cable rated to 2150MHz or more?

Yes. I have RG-6 cable.

I connected the cable from the #1 post direct to the receiver like the directions said. What about the #2 post? Do I connect that to something?

I appreciate your time.

Thank U.

No - unused LNBF outputs can be left open (good idea to cap them off to protect them, tho - electrical tape will do).

If you've closely inspected every cable connector - looking for even the tiniest wire 'hair' and such things, the only other things to try is the #2 output of the Twin, and resetting the switch matrix by disconnecting everything, running check switch, pulling the power plug, running chek switch AGAIN, and then hooking the satellite feed back up and running check switch for the THIRD time.

Is the mast on the new dish vertical have you set the skew correctly on the DISH 500?
The directv dish only looks at 1 satellite so it is much easier to aim.

I am installing brand new RG-6 cable and that will eliminate that issue.

I used a bubble to make sure the mast was aligned correctly.

I will get back to u with the results.

Thank U.

SUCCESS!! :D

Thank U Boba & Simple Simon for all ur help. I could never have installed it properly without your help. ;)

By the way, it was the cable. When I pulled the old cable, the ends fell off.

After I installed the new cable, it was easy sailing.

The next project will be: how to hook up to all those funny little satellites.

Again, Thank You Very Much.

You're welcome! :)

And the moral is: When the box says "Check Connections", and the advisor says "inspect every cable connector", that might be what you want to do. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts