Dish Pro Plus 44 Power Inserter ?

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
Do you have to use the power inserter for the dpp44 switch? I have seen installers not use it and the switch still works. If not what is it for?

Use it - Dish didn't put it in the box for fun.

Perhaps the receiver can supply enough current. Perhaps you'll be overstressing the receiver power supply.

I put the inserter in my crawl space (with a UPS - my timers will survive short power outages).

Yeah, I would still use it. You can probably get away with not using it depending on what and how many boxes you are using, but you very well may short out a receiver if it has to pull too much power from it.

Dish considers the converter crucial for good performance of the switch. So, what's to wonder about? Please use it. I can say that once I did disconnect the power converter to make some adjustments, but my switch was still powered. Then a few weeks later, I disconnected the converter again to make a few adjustments. That time there was no power supplied and all pictures were lost. Go figure! So, let's not try to second-guess the Echostar (or Channel Master?) engineers. The instructions say to use it, so I use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)