Dish Pro Plus Separator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Only with Dual Tuner receivers. If you were to install it, it might look like it's working at first, but once you try to watch something from 110 on one receiver and something from 129 on the other, it will fail.

The separators will not work with single tuner receivers; I've tried it before. You won't get ziltch on the check switch.

Can the DP Plus Separator be used to connect two vip211 receivers or will the separator only work with dual tuner receivers?

The answer is NO it wont work

Here is why (I am trying to answer as simply as I can leaving out tech details)

A seperator is to some degree a splitter. Now since communication between the LNBF and the Receiver is bidirectional and the receiver has to power the LNBF only one connection on the seperator is allowed to do this the other one must simply receive.

Example a 322 has a seperator

Tuner 1 gives power to the LNBF and gives commands
Tuner 2 is just receiving signal

Tuner 1 is on 101 sat 119
Tuner 2 in the the same channel

Tuner 2 then changes to 103 which is 110 SO Tunner 1 gives the command for 119 101 and 110 103 to be transmitted and it works

As a fail safe either tuner 1 or 2 can give commands and provide the power, the receiver randomly decides at a reboot. If one fails or has an error it can try the other one.

If you connected two 211 to the seperator both would be unaware of the other and both would try and power up the LNBF (this is not good for the LNBF) next both can give commands and are unware of what the other 211 is watching. Because of this whoever changed the channel last will get to watch what they wanted (that is unless the LNBF or the serperator burn out first)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)