Dish Pro Switch help needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

greggy101

Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
USA
Hello All!
Just want to ask for a help setting up the following (pics of lnbs attached)

1 unit 211 HD receiver connected to my 2 lnb's - it is my understanding that the bigger lnb will get 110+118.7+119 sats and the small lnb will get 129 for HD channels - if this is correct - what kind of switch will I need?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 192
I don't think that's right. The bigger LNB will give you 118.7 and 119 on two separate DishPro outputs. The little LNB will give you either 110 or 129, depending upon how it's oriented compared to the big one. You really need another one of those little guys. ;)

And if you subscribe to channels requiring all 4 birds, you will need a DPP44 switch. Pricey. Perhaps you can get Dish to install one for you.

Thanks so much for the info!

One more question if I may ;)
Since I already have Dish 500 mounted on the roof - would it be easier to add one small 18" dish (old 300) with 1 lnb pointing at 129?
This way I would have an inexpensive solution - using 2 or 3? SW21 switches and getting all 3 sats except 118.7 (I can live without this one)

Thanks!

Are you subscribing to a channel at 118.75°? What receiver(s) do you have?

The SW21, being a legacy switch, can't be used with DishPro LNBs. What is the LNB setup of your Dish 500?

I was considering getting some internationals from 118.7 but no longer need it.
I have Dish500 with legacy lnb's and want to add 129 for HD the least expensive way - that's the reason I am trying to get it done without DP44 if possible; using just one 211 receiver.
Thanks!

There is no DP44.

You could use that Dish 500+ with a DP34 switch, just not connecting the 118 output, and get the bracket and another DP LNB for 129°, making it a Dish 1000+. To add 118.75° back in you could cascade a DP21 off the DP34, though the more expensive 4-sat DPP44 is the cleaner solution.

Another way is to put a DishPro Plus Twin on your existing 500, and pull the 110° LNB from the 500+ and put it on a small dish for 129° (or even use the large dish and the 119° output of the dual-band LNB but point it at 129° since you already have it). Run the 129° LNB to the DPP Twin's input.

You didn't answer completely about your current Dish 500. Whichever it is, add a dish with a legacy Dual. If the 500 has separate LNBs with SW21 switch(es), replace an SW21 with a Microyal SW21x, and move the SW21 to the SW21x's output and 129 to the other side of the SW21. If it's a legacy Twin, cascade an SW21 off the output. HD receivers have recently had trouble seeing 129° in a legacy setup. There were a few reports that it was working again in the 211, and no recent complaints, but I can't say for sure that it's fixed.

Thank you BobaBird and TheKrell for all you valuable info.

To further clarify - I have a dish500 Twin legacy.
So, adding 1 more dish with a legacy dual lnb and cascading SW21 should do the trick, I hope :) If ViP211 will like it...
I also have 1 old SW64 - would that be a better solution?

Thanks again!

To further clarify - I have a dish500 Twin legacy.
So, adding 1 more dish with a legacy dual lnb and cascading SW21 should do the trick, I hope :) If ViP211 will like it...
Yes I had that exact setup for years feeding 3 satellites to two receivers, except my "wing dish" was (and still is) pointed at 61.5, rather than 129. No matter; your low cost solution with SW21's going to no more than 2 tuners should work. All Dish receivers are backwards compatible with legacy LNBs and switches.
I also have 1 old SW64 - would that be a better solution?
Doesn't an SW64 require 3 legacy duals, or a dual and a legacy quad, in order to feed 4 tuners?

Doesn't an SW64 require 3 legacy duals, or a dual and a legacy quad, in order to feed 4 tuners?

Yes, you are right-SW64 needs duals/quads (vertical and horizontal polarization if my memory serves me right?)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)